The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

WP Tiger Admin (15 posts)

1. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

Does anyone know if this works with WPMU?

http://orderedlist.com/wordpress-plugins/wp-tiger-administration/

I tried it on my site to no avail, and I'm really looking to give them a custom experience behind the scenes as well as on their blog.

2. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

What kind of errors did you get?

3. nexia
    Posted 17 years ago #

it works with a lot of glinches, because the WPMU admin interface have some modifications compared to the WP 2.0x .

you can contact the author of that modification to see if he/she is willing to provide a WPMU version...

4. kahless
    Posted 17 years ago #

5. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

kahless that theme is great, but it only works if used in the plugins folder. I'm looking for something that would work across all my dashboards.

6. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

How much of a difference are you looking for in the backend? We changed the colors and moved stuff around in the write post area on our stand-alone installs. Was no biggee.

Set up a copy locally and hack away at the defualt admin css.

7. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

i was looking for something more plug and play, like the plugin I found or kahless pointed out. They work great and provide a nice added touch of distinction.

8. stewdio
    Posted 17 years ago #

I can't seem to get it to work at all in either plugin folder. However...

I changed tiger.css to wp-admin.css and uploaded to the /wp-admin folder and it worked.

I didn't check to see if it would work for other users and I had rendering problems in IE so I reverted back to defaults.

Once I learn how to convert a plugin to MU, at least [this] plugin, I'll share. For now I'm hopeing someone will solve the issue for me.

It's a simple plugin, some one with WP code understanding should be able to look at it and figure out what needs to be changed in a few seconds.

9. pumpkinslayer
    Posted 17 years ago #

This is how I got it to work in the mu-plugins folder

Create a file with this content in the mu-plugins folder

<?php
    $tiger_admins = glob(dirname(__FILE__).'/wpmu-admin-tiger/*.php');
    if( is_array( $tiger_admins ) ) {
    foreach ( $tiger_admins as $tiger_admin ) {
    if( is_file( $tiger_admin ) )
    include_once( $tiger_admin );
    }
    }
    ?>

move all files and folders from wp-admin-tiger_files up one level to the wp-admin-tiger directory.

Edit wp-admin-tiger.php, by changing

wp-content/plugins/wp-admin-tiger/wp-admin-tiger_files/wp-admin.css?version=3.0

to

wp-content/mu-plugins/wp-admin-tiger/wp-admin.css?version=3.0

Final directory structure should look like

-- mu-plugins
    ---- wpmu-admin-tiger.php
    ---- wp-admin-tiger
    ------ tiger.css
    ------ wp-admin.css
    ------ ol-admin-images
    -------- "all the images"

That should be it, have fun.

It mostly looks fine to me after I've installed it. Just report back here if things go funny.

BTW the little footer that is put in with this plugin half covers some of the buttons at the bottom of the page. It uses "position:fixed" to keep it at the bottom of the page at all times.

10. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

Uh, stewdio...

You had problems in IE because tiger admin isn't IE compatible. ;)

11. stewdio
    Posted 17 years ago #

pumpkinslayer.

Thanks for the advise. I've managed to do everything I [think] I should have done with the exception of one caveat.

The file you asked me to create, I created it in the mu-plugins dir and named it wpmu-tiger.php. I then went into the file and changed (__FILE__) to (wpmu-tiger.php)

Is this correct?

I'm not seeing any changes even after clearing the browser cache and loading on a different browser.

The directory structure is correct, of that I am reasonably sure, it's just that one file that I am unsure of.

@lunabyte - The more web design I do the more I'm finding out that [nothing] is compatible with IE! ;-)

12. stewdio
    Posted 17 years ago #

Got it to work. I was missing a /forward slash/ in the wp-tiger-admin.php file - doh...

No love for IE though :-(

The funny thing is that when I just went ahead and replaced the wp-admin.css in the wp-admin folder with the tiger code base, it displayed in IE, jut not as nicel as in FF. :-S

Since it's a multi user blog, I Will eventually want the experience to be the same for everyone no matter what browser they are using.

Anyway, thanks for that awsome little tidbit of information, it really did help pumpkinslayer!

13. erinther
    Posted 16 years ago #

I tried to do this and I went thorugh all steps, but it does not work for me. After plugin's installation, is there any way to choose this theme or not?

14. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Please define "Does not work for me" You need to tell us what's occuring.

You may want to log out, clear your browser cache and log back in if the issue is that you're not seeing it. Some browsers won't pull a CSS file on every load.

15. SteveAtty
    Posted 16 years ago #

There's a typo :

glob(dirname(__FILE__).'/wpmu-admin-tiger/*.php')

should be

glob(dirname(__FILE__).'/wp-admin-tiger/*.php')

As that is the directory you've created.

I've done that and its working fine on FF2 and Opera.

But at the same time it isn't - Editor doesn't work! It blows up on line 44 of the tiny_mce_gzip.php file

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by suleiman
  • Latest reply from SteveAtty