The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

WP, Gallery user integration (6 posts)

1. akbigdog
    Posted 18 years ago #

All of the WP+Gallery integration threads I've seen have to do with look-and-feel of the two systems; this is not what I'm interested in. I am looking to integrate users of the two systems.

I am hoping to use WPMU and Gallery2 in conjunction to give users of a new site I'm developing both their own blog and their own gallery with only one registration. There needs to be one universal login form for both systems. One login form would login a user to both systems.

Here are my thoughts so far:

Idea
    Create a registration and login script that is totally seperate from each system. This script would have two parts—registration and login.

Registration
    The registration part of the script would need to collect all required information for both systems. Upon submission, it would create a new user in each system. The username and password would be identical in each system. In WPMU, it would create a new blog. In Gallery2, it would create a new user and set up a new album for that user.

Login
    The login part would, well, login. It would take simply a username and password. Because the username and password combination would be the same on both systems, it could log the user into both systems.

Has anyone ever tackled a project similar to this? I realize that system integration is tricky at any level, but I think this could work. Anyone have any ideas or want to help?

2. akbigdog
    Posted 18 years ago #

More food for thought: I'm also thinking of including in this script phpBB2 forum user integration.

Basically, the user would have a site-wide account for all the sub-systems involved in the whole site.

3. akbigdog
    Posted 18 years ago #

Reference links
    <ul title="Reference links">

4. Gallery2
    (Please note that I'm interested in using Gallery2, not earlier.)
  5. phpBB2
  • ozgreg
    Posted 18 years ago #

I think you may have either misunderstood or overlooked the WPG2 project which does basically what you want and is in the process of being forked over to MU..

Discussion thread Here -> http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic/189

• akbigdog
    Posted 18 years ago #

I guess I missed that thread. I actually came back to this thread to write an update. I found the WPG2 plugin on the Gallery forums independently, and was simply going to link to that project's page.

Wordpress + G2

Anyway, looks like you're the developer, ozgreg, so I'm sure that link is not new to you. I'm interested in helping with this project. I'll join the mailing list. Thanks for the info.

<!-- thread closed -->

• cosmicelf
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

i have done something similar already with Gallery 2 and my own little community CMS system.

I would love to further this into WPmu.

I'm happy to see it already happening and would love to contribute if I can.

• About this Topic