The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

How do I change the main MU login page? (8 posts)

1. Spock7291
    Posted 17 years ago #

I have searched and cannot find a post that refers to my question, so will ask here so I can be pointed to the 30 others who have posted the same question ... :(

When I set up WordPressMU, there was a screen where I setup the initial login page. I know this was available as I added a link and some text.

I now wish to make further changes to this page but cannot find it! I would really appreciate being pointed in the correct direction so I can add some additional information to the main login page.

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

2. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

You mean a screen in the backend?

because anything else I can think of is hardcoded.

3. Spock7291
    Posted 17 years ago #

I've tried clicking on the Backend button in the list of Blogs but that only takes me to the Dashboard. I am talking about the main entry screen I see every time I click on "View Site" on my main dashboard.

Here is the link:
    http://pctalk.info/WordPressMU/

I want to be able to add some of the other pages I've added as links.

4. dsader
    Posted 17 years ago #

Edit /WordpressMU/wp-content/themes/home/home.php in favorite text editor. No easy WYSIWYG method. Idea for a nice wpmu plugin, though. You've encountered a peeve of mine, too.

dsader

5. dsader
    Posted 17 years ago #

Oh, and I'd recommend using a theme with sidebars to show links to your pages. (Tip: enable then add sidebar widgets)

6. Spock7291
    Posted 17 years ago #

Thanks dsader!
    That is what I was looking for. :)

Deeper in the site, sidebars are enabled. Do I need sidebar widgets simply to add a sidebar on this one page?

[Added]
    I edited the file to add a line for the About page. The new page is accessible at the above link. When you click on the "About" link, it now takes you to the About page which has a sidebar and lists all the other ages I'm experimenting with.

I think this will probably do what I want it to do without addint any additional widgets.

Thanks again!

7. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

8. Spock7291
    Posted 17 years ago #

Thank you andrea r,
    While I don't see how that applies to what I was looking for, it directly applies to futhure research as I will definitely want to create at least one new theme. :)

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by Spock7291
  • Latest reply from Spock7291