The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Downgrading WYSIWYG (12 posts)

1. mozey
    Posted 17 years ago #

I would like to use the EXACT same version of WYSIWYG as the one that the normal wordpres uses. Can anyone tell me where i can start?

I'm doing that for compatabitlity issues with some plugins that arnt working on MU.

2. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Take the one of the the "normal" wordpress you have and plunk it in?

3. mozey
    Posted 17 years ago #

In order for me to do that!, what files/direcotires should i play with?, i tired tracing looking at the code and tracing it back, nothing jumped at me.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

The RTE (wysiwyg) is in /public_html/wp-includes/js/tinymce/. In both WP and WPMU.

5. mozey
    Posted 17 years ago #

Thank you andrea.

6. nexia
    Posted 17 years ago #

i'm questionning this discussion actually.

i compared the release TinyMCE found in WPMU and the one in WP single, and there is no difference between the two. actually there is only one setting that was edited and it is to access a functionality related to advanced settings... nothing to do with the editor itself...

@mozey , maybe you can give us a hint about your plugins that are not working properly, so we can see if it's really related to the editor itself...

7. mozey
    Posted 17 years ago #

Nexia, thanks for your interest.

The plugin in question is, viper's quicktag video plugin. It allows you to imbed videos from youtube, googlevideo etc. Here is the deal:

It creats buttons for you on the editor's dashboard that pops up a javascript thingy that you can past your video ID in it then the rest is magic. However, when i activated it in MU, it gave me a javascript error and the editor's dashboard did'nt load. Even worse, when i disabled the plugin, my editor was still fobared.

SO, i'm still trying to fix this without actually getting my hands dirty in the code. I noticed that the layout of the editor is a BIT different on MU than single. SO, perhaps, the plugin is breaking because of the different verions of the editors!!!

I'll keep you posted when i test my theory later on, or, if you have a better way, let me know.

8. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

So it works in the regular WP? That was my assumption when I answered is all.

Drmike has a modified plugin for allowing embedded vidoes. It's around here somewhere, not sure if it adds buttons though.

9. mozey
    Posted 17 years ago #

To what i tested, the buttons are the only thing that is crashing it. So he probably just stripped the buttons. That was my plan B :)

Thanks tho, i'll look for it.

Well, if @Nexia does'nt have anything to add, this is solved. Thanks guys.

10. nexia
    Posted 17 years ago #

"if @Nexia does'nt have anything to add"... damn, this is the kind of thing to never tell about me... i ALWAYS have things to tell.. lol

no joking, i have no real opinion to add to andrea_r's ... you can surely find a embedding plugin that will allow your prefered formats of files without having to edit the core files... i would suggest you visit this place and browse :
    http://wp-plugins.net/category/Media/

good luck!

11. mozey
    Posted 17 years ago #

:)

12. zeug
    Posted 17 years ago #

As far as I know the tinyMCE in WPMu is a full version ahead of WP 2.0, they're using 2.061 in rc4 which is the latest version.

I've been talking to Viper about getting buttonsnap working on Mu, and then found a workaround for my anarchy media player which hacks in vipers buttons along with a couple of others using javascript to write the object/embeds.

Problem was the buttonsnap call to add the buttons is broken on MU and for some reason won't work unless you hijack tinyInit first up using advanced WYSIWYG. Anyways it works on my subdomain and subdirectory Mu's and you can check it out at the above plugin page or on my test Mu and give me some feedback on it if interested.

About this Topic