The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Is WPMU right for me? (6 posts)

1. jl_678
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hi,

I work in the marketing department for a smaller company and we are looking to implement a blog on our corporate web site. I personally use WP and really like it and so was thinking about including the technology in our site. The issue is that we need multiple blogs since we may have a blog for our CTO, marketing team and maybe others in the future. We need a solution that supports this. The other issue is that we need some way to manage posting since we need to review all posts before they are made to ensure that all posts meet corporate standards. Would WPMU be the right solution for me? I am also considering Lifetype and b2Evolution. Is there anything else that I should look at?

Thank you,

JL

2. nexia
    Posted 17 years ago #

http://edublogs.org/ a good example of corporate-style blog of WPMU... their entire network of blogs is WPMU...

3. dsader
    Posted 17 years ago #

The other issue is that we need some way to manage posting since we need to review all posts before they are made to ensure that all posts meet corporate standards.

All posts by a "contributer" to any individual blog can moderated by each blog admin but how would wordpressmu "moderate" all posts by a site admin before publishing to any blog? Some sort of centralized drafts/moderation bin?

It can't in its present form.

After you add users to every blog as "contributer," each blog will need a visit from the Administrator to publish the drafts that contributers create.

Kind of a pain hunting down posts waiting to be "approved."

Not sure how a blog could push a flag/email to the admin when a post is waiting for approval. Couldn't much more difficult to add to code base(maybe a clever plugin already exists?) than the current method of sending email when comments wait for approval. Does the single blog version of WP send admins email for "contributer"? Mu doesn't.

dsader

4. jl_678
    Posted 17 years ago #

Yes, you are right about the "moderation bin" idea. My other thought is to create a third private blog that internal people post to. This internal only blog would be the holding area for all posts and the admin would review posts there and then cross post approved posts to the publig blog(s). Not sure if this would work with MU. I am currently looking b2evolution as well.

5. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

"Does the single blog version of WP send admins email for "contributer"? "

Nope, I don't believe it does.

6. jskov
    Posted 15 years ago #

Any update on this? This is exactly what I am looking for.

About this Topic