local no login is posible (7 posts)

1. joff
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hi I'm trying to install WPu and got this problems:

If I try to login as administrator I receive back the login page

this is the position:

http://cipi/~claudio/blogs/wp-login.php

and this what I got back

http://cipi/~claudio/blogs/wp-login.php?redirect_to=%2F%7Eclaudio%2Fblogs%2Fwp-admin%2F

Another issue (this I'll consider a bug)
    Although when installing WPu is possible to use an email like user@localhost (receiving the email, of cource), wehen I want to use this type of email to register a new blog, the email is not valid.

tnx

2. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

You cannot install it to localhost. It has to be localhost.something , or even desktop.local.

3. the-geek
    Posted 16 years ago #

u can do that via ur database.. though i've found wordpress couldn't send mail as wordpress@localhost no matter if the account exist?

4. xxclixxx
    Posted 16 years ago #

I'm having the same redirect issue. I've searched "domain mapping" and haven't found anything that has fixed it. Spent a few hours last night and this morning trying to figure it out so PLEASE don't tell me to search.

If I login to clothdipes.com it just keeps redirecting me. If I login with the incorrect password it'll say incorrect password, but if I use the right password is says nothing and just redirects.

problognetwork.net is the main installation.

I followed the instructions elsewhere in the forum to do the domain mapping. clothdipes.com is CNAME'd to problognetwork.net it has it's own site ID and sitemeta, etc. All the fields show the new URL.

I don't have cookies blocked. VHOST is true. The wordpress path is / Nothing in error logs I got the emails. I downloaded it last night 1.2.1

5. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

"clothdipes.com is CNAME'd to problognetwork.net"

That's probably at least part, if not all the reason. the dipes domain needs to be on a completey seperate account on the server, not an add-on or pointed one.

(Fan of CD's here, haven't used them in ages though.)

6. xxclixxx
    Posted 16 years ago #

After some time off (and now being more awake) I've found the problem lies with the cookies. It's setting the cookies to the main domain, not the domain it's on. I'm going to attempt to make a fix. My first time diving into this particular code so hopefully it'll go ok.

7. xxclixxx
    Posted 16 years ago #

Aha! LOL I forgot to update the entry in wp_blogs for the new domain. The site_id was set to the wrong site.

About this Topic