The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Problem in wp-config.php - $base (6 posts)

1. Ragnar
    Posted 17 years ago #

Problem in wp-config.php - $base is set to BASE when it should be the path like "/" or "/blogs/"! Please fix it!

$base = 'BASE'; For what this value? my domain name is: http://www.blog.netosfera.ru, and i want install in root. What i must type in ‘’ ?

What is: define('VHOST', 'VHOSTSETTING'); ??

2. nexia
    Posted 17 years ago #

the config file is overwritten when the system install itself... if it was not, maybe you missed the information that asked you to copy/paste the proper informations to copy in the file during the install process...

3. Ragnar
    Posted 17 years ago #

i can't run install process.
    i am:
    1. upload all information to localhost
    2. put my brouser to index.php or index-install.php, or /wp-admin/install-helper.php or wp-admin/index.php - all my actions in result display:

Problem in wp-config.php - $base is set to BASE when it should be the path like "/" or "/blogs/"! Please fix it!

2.1 if i fill database settings in wp-config.php, result is same.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

By localhost do you mean your desktop? If so, it can't be. it will have to be localhost.something.

Don't touch the config file. Actually, there should not be a wp-config.php when you go to install, MU will create one. Make sure you have a clean set of files and that the htaccess is empty.

5. Ragnar
    Posted 17 years ago #

it's Work! I am erase all, and upload all again, don't touch anything and put my brouser to index.php. All Well!

Spasibo Tovarish! (rus)

6. nexia
    Posted 17 years ago #

Bravo ! ... (eng, fra, spa, etc.. ;) )

About this Topic