The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Creating a 1st configuration (5 posts)

1. DrkWrz
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hi,

I'm trying to create a script that runs the first time the user log's in. This is a 6 step configuration.
    I've created the script. But I don't know how to plug it into Wordpress.
    Basically I want that after a user logs in the script calls a function is_new_user(), if it returns true, the user is sent to the configuration script.

Any ideas how to do this?

Thanks

2. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Take a look at wp-includes/wpmu-functions.php. That's where the new user stuff is.

3. DrkWrz
    Posted 17 years ago #

Thanks for your advice. But it isn't exactly what I'm searching for. I'll try to explain it:

When the user logs in it checks if it's his first time.
    If it's his firs time the admin section is replaced with the configuration script.

This will force the user tu put his first an last name, the blog title ad the blog tagline ect.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Um... now i'n not exactly sure what happens when a user signs up just ofr s username, but on the signup page, it defaults to including the blog title and more can be added. They can't even get their username and password to login until they provide that.

SO I guess I'm confused as to what you're trying to do that it doesn't do already. Add fields to the registration process?

5. DrkWrz
    Posted 17 years ago #

That isn't possible because the registration isn't free. It's part of a package of services. That's why I must do this strange aproach to solve the problem.

About this Topic