The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

mu-plugins not working (5 posts)

1. gestor
    Posted 17 years ago #

I have installed WPMU 1.0 and everything is fine but for mu-plugins, which I can't see in the site admin menu.

If I turn on plugins at site admin/options, I cam see the plugins installed at /wp-content/plugins in every blog plugins menu. But I don't see the plugins installed at /wp-content/mu-plugins, in the site admin menu or in the individual blogs plugins menu.

Since the default installation has some pre-installed plugins at /wp-content/mu-plugins I guess I should see them in the site admin menu, right?

Anybody else with this problem?

2. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Nope, that's how it works.

3. gestor
    Posted 17 years ago #

Are you saying that the plugins are activated but you can't see any menu or options for them?

For example, in wp-content/mu-plugins there is the global-categories.php plugin. How can I access it to manage them?

4. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

For that specific plugin, there isn't a page to manage it. AFAIK, that one is only half developed and not utilized at the moment. If you read the plugin itself, you can see it doesn't add a menu anywhere. All it does it take each user's categories and add them to a main category table.

Plugins tossed in mu-plugins are automatically activated. *IF* they have an options menu, it should show up. This one doesn't.

5. gestor
    Posted 17 years ago #

Ahhh, thanks. I've downloaded a couple plugins form specifically developed for mu-plugins, and I can see them working the way you described.

About this Topic