The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

no permission to delete posts (3 posts)

1. chanzero
    Posted 17 years ago #

hi all,

just installed WPMU 1.0 and it seems to be working, but with problems.

note, i'm running subdirectories instead of subdomains as i couldn't seem to get subdomains working. at any rate:

1) logged in as admin, i tried to delete the root blog's Hello World default post. the screen faded and seemed to delete the post, but then it reappeared and i got the message "You don't have permission to do that"

2) also, when trying to create a blog, i get the following (which i have seen posted on these forums with notes saying that despite the error message, the action was in fact taken, which is my case -- so i'm not sure how much of a problem this is or isn't...)

WordPress database error: [Table 'buzz_play.wpmu_2_options' doesn't exist]
    SELECT option_value FROM wpmu_2_options WHERE option_name = 'blogname' LIMIT 1

SELECT option_value FROM wpmu_2_options WHERE option_name = 'siteurl' LIMIT 1

SELECT option_value FROM wpmu_2_options WHERE option_name = 'post_count' LIMIT 1

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sites/buzzscope/users/buzz/public_html/blogs/wp-includes/wp-db.php:111) in /home/sites/buzzscope/users/buzz/public_html/blogs/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 281

thanks in advance, i appreciate any help you guys can provide

2. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Issue #2 hasn't been fixed yet, near as I can tell. And yes, I'm getting it too.

3. chanzero
    Posted 17 years ago #

i don't think #2 is the source of my problems so i can live with it. but #1 (not being able to delete posts) is a problem...

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by chanzero
  • Latest reply from chanzero