The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Multilanguage (5 posts)

1. calixsierra
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hi,

I've defined my language (spanish) in wp-config and uploaded the es_ES.mo file to wp-includes/languages. When I choose it everything works fine but when user creates a new blog he gets the Default language which is english. How can I get new blogs use other language than english?

Thank you.

2. helmi
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hi calixsierra,

just go to your site admin -> options and reset the default language to the one of your choice :)

have fun,
    Frank

3. DarkPepe
    Posted 17 years ago #

I think this guy is talking about some of the msgs not included on the es_ES.mo file, because that file is designed for plain WP and not WP MU... so some of the native WPMU msgs are not translated.

Calix, el problema que tienes es por que el archivo de traduccion traduce solamente los mensajes de wordpress y no los de MU.. no tengo la menor idea si existen traducciones de MU, yo en el intertanto he editado los archivos php de MU para cambiar las frases al espaƱol.

Salu2
    Pepe.-

4. calixsierra
    Posted 17 years ago #

Thanks, DarkPepe, that is it.

I guess i've to wait until the WordPress MU MultiLanguage will be released.

5. gestor
    Posted 17 years ago #

Actually, with the es_ES.mo package, around 90% of the control panel is translated correctly (minus the administration menu). But to show the actual blogs in Spanish (not just the control panel), you must use a template in Spanish. Download the entire Spanish package for Wordpress 2.05 (not only the .mo file) and overwrite the default theme included in the Spanish WP package over the default theme of the WPMU installation.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by calixsierra
  • Latest reply from gestor