The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Trac Help (4 posts)

1. bmonster99
    Posted 17 years ago #

I am wondering if anyone knows where there is some kind of tutorial for Trac. I've been to the wiki and help sections, but it is not basic enough for me.

I've been using the trac timeline repository change listings to keep track of the latest wpmu files and then either overwriting or changing my files to match the changes. I am sure there must be an easier way to do this. I am not even sure exactly what a merge is and what the difference between a merge to revision... and just merge is.

Also wondering where svn fits in. I use BBedit which has svn support and have svn installed on my mac.

Anyway, if someone knows a resource I can go to, or just knows themselves what the easiest way to keep the wpmu files up to date is, I would appreciate any information I can get!

2. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Another good idea for a wiki topic. :)

It's either cut and paste like you have been doing, or syncing up with svn onto your hard drive, testing it locally, then uploading to your install.

3. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

I can't stand trac's wiki. It's too different from the Mediawiki way of doing things. :(

4. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

is there no way to download an entire directory from trac? I only want to update the /wp-includes/js/ folder on my install.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by bmonster99
  • Latest reply from suleiman