The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

login redirection (4 posts)

1. stefanmueller
    Posted 17 years ago #

hello wordpressers,

I spent hours of trying and going thru this forum and figured out no solution:
    I installed a brandnew WordpressMU on my webserver (latest XAMPP), get an email with link an password, but when I go to the login-page, enter my credentials and press enter, I get the login-page again ... without any error message! When I enter another password, I recieve at least the errormessage that it is wrong.
    Could it be a problem that my server is in an internal network and has an url like http://abc123 ?
    What can I change?

thanks,

Stefan

2. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

THe url has to be soemthign with a dot in it. Localhost won't work, but localhost.domain will.

So if you had abc.123 that should fix that error.

3. Danger
    Posted 17 years ago #

I didn't have the luxury of putting a dot in my url so I made the following modifications to wp-includes/pluggable.php:

lines: 319-320

old:
    setcookie(USER_COOKIE, $username, $expire, $cookiepath, COOKIE_DOMAIN);
    setcookie(PASS_COOKIE, $password, $expire, $cookiepath, COOKIE_DOMAIN);

new:
    setcookie(USER_COOKIE, $username, $expire, $cookiepath);
    setcookie(PASS_COOKIE, $password, $expire, $cookiepath);

4. neurovish
    Posted 17 years ago #

Thanks for the info Danger...same thing worked for me. I'm running 1.2.1, and those are lines 372 and 373. There's also one more modification I needed to make in the section right under that, function wp_clearcookie(). Essentially the same thing was needed in order for the logout to work, I took out the COOKIE_DOMAIN part at the end.

function wp_clearcookie() {
    # setcookie(USER_COOKIE, ' ', time() - 31536000, COOKIEPATH, COOKIE_DOMAIN);
    setcookie(USER_COOKIE, ' ', time() - 31536000, COOKIEPATH);
    # setcookie(PASS_COOKIE, ' ', time() - 31536000, COOKIEPATH, COOKIE_DOMAIN);
    setcookie(PASS_COOKIE, ' ', time() - 31536000, COOKIEPATH);
    # setcookie(USER_COOKIE, ' ', time() - 31536000, SITECOOKIEPATH, COOKIE_DOMAIN);
    setcookie(USER_COOKIE, ' ', time() - 31536000, SITECOOKIEPATH);
    # setcookie(PASS_COOKIE, ' ', time() - 31536000, SITECOOKIEPATH, COOKIE_DOMAIN);
    setcookie(PASS_COOKIE, ' ', time() - 31536000, SITECOOKIEPATH);
    }

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by stefanmueller
  • Latest reply from neurovish