The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Where to turn off the html-filter (kses.php)? (10 posts)

1. Bruz
    Posted 17 years ago #

Yea - security, I know.
    But I'm running MU with 12 Blogs only, I know and trust every single User (and they're all reachable for me if you know what I mean ;-)

I use a lot of pages which contain something like
    <div align ="center" class="random" style="heigth: 150px; background-color: #fff;">
    and I really don't want that to be stripped.

Is there a way to disable the stripping of html-tags completely? (I know I can add some to my-hacks.php or kses.php but I don't want it that way, I want all of them by default!)

Thanks a lot,
    Bruz

2. Bruz
    Posted 17 years ago #

Is there really no way to turn the filter off?

(Sorry for bumping - but I'cant switch from Wordpress to Wordpress MU without these modifications and my users are waiting to start blogging...)

3. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

There isn't an admin option, if that's what you mean. What about reverting the kses.php file back to an older veriosn?

4. Bruz
    Posted 17 years ago #

Andrea, thanks a lot!

I've taken an very, very old revision - the oldest to be honest :-) (rev 543 did the same for me that the aktual did)

Going to switch to MU now...

5. Bruz
    Posted 17 years ago #

Okay, there seems to be a problem in options.php when updating a blogs settings:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: wp_filter_post_kses() in /html/wpmu/wp-admin/options.php on line 57

Ideas?

6. Staren
    Posted 17 years ago #

Sorry to bump an older thread, but I'm trying to do the same thing. How do you download the older file from trac? I can't for the life of me figure it out.

7. mrball
    Posted 17 years ago #

maybe comment out the 2 'add_action' lines at the bottom of kses.php?

8. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Agreed but to answer teh question, when you pull up the file you need, you'll note the Previous and Next Change link in the upper right. Click on that until you reach the one that you want. Over the line numbers on the left, you'll note the revision numbers. Clickon the one that you want and the file of the version that you want will load.

hope this helps,
    -drmike

9. Merras
    Posted 16 years ago #

I have a really similar problem - I want to allow my users to insert embed codes. I know, there are a lot of plugins, which are allowing inserting youtube videos, etc., but I have a Ning site - http://wiw.sfblogs.net -, with a lot of embeddable stuff. I can't create an own plugin, so, the simpliest way to enable the embed code in wpmu.

10. reggordon
    Posted 16 years ago #

Just a quick update on this. I read a post somewhere where all you had to do was comment out a few lines in the kses file to allow embedcode etc. It all worked fine for me but ive since overwritten the kses file. Does anyone have this info or a link to the thread?

thanks

About this Topic