The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Anyone fixed more-smilies Plugin 2.1? (7 posts)

1. muellinger
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hi!
    I want to use matt's more-smilies Plugin.
    On my "old" Wordpress 2.03 Installation it worked fine.
    Now i switched to Wordpress MU 1.0 and i have the following Problem:

The clickable smilies does not work in the Admin Interface.
    So i cant insert smilies in new posts with a mouse-click.
    This issue is in all of the blogs that exist.

The "clickable-smilies-for-comments" Hack on Matt's page works without any Problems.

Has anyone fixed the plugin for the admin-interface?
    Or can anyone help me to do this myself? I am not very familiar with php so i need easy steps. :-)

Thanks!

Here's the plugins Homepage, if needed: http://mattread.com/projects/wp-plugins/more-smilies/

2. chris
    Posted 17 years ago #

Sigh, I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out what the issue is. The plugin works fine in my regular WP but not MU.

3. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Why not just add the smilies plugin to Tiny MCE?

4. chris
    Posted 17 years ago #

I tried putting the more smiles plugin in the tinymce's plugin directory and noting happened. Nothing has happend with anything I've tried to do with it, except for being able to pick your smilie package, the plugin is usless in MU.

5. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

No, not *this* plugin. Dump it. Go to the TinyMCE site, and they have their own smilies plugin that you can add quite easily to the TinyMCE directory in MU.

Read this thread for details:
    http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=1246

6. chris
    Posted 17 years ago #

!

7. chris
    Posted 17 years ago #

That didn't work either. Besides, I'd rather use the MU defined smiles then one's that have to be linked to in img tags. Why not, the smilies functions are already there.

The issue with the more-smilies plugin seems to be that MU when using the rich editor is not using the same rich editor as reg. wordpress. Because, if you switch the new quicktags.js with old quicktags.js the 'smilies' button appears.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by muellinger
  • Latest reply from chris