The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

WYSYWIG editor not apprearing on latest nightly & nothing happening with 'Import (14 posts)

1. Farms
    Posted 18 years ago #

In usual haphazard fashion I've just upgraded edublogs to the latest version and a couple of bugs have come up...

-The WSYWIG has vanished... can't seem to get at it at all.
    -'Import' is currently just sending poeple back to the dashboard... I might just edit this out though, which file is it in again?

Cheers, James

2. andrewbillits
    Posted 18 years ago #

menu.php in /wp-admin/ should let you comment it out. I noticed the import bug earlier also so you're not alone.

3. Farms
    Posted 18 years ago #

Thanks for that, are you having the wsywig issues too? Have played the settings to death but no joy... very odd.

4. andrewbillits
    Posted 18 years ago #

I'm running on the 9/08 nightly and the wsywig is working "ok." It still has it's usuall bugs though.

5. Farms
    Posted 18 years ago #

Yeh, I've got the latest in there too... I've upgraded from a mid August one though so perhaps have skipped a step somewhere along the line... could be something that the upgrade.php isn't calling?

6. andrewbillits
    Posted 18 years ago #

erg, that would be a hassle to track down. Maybe try copying the admin files to the server again. the ftp transfer may have skipped a file or similar when you upgraded. I had this happen once so trust me, it can happen, lol.

7. Farms
    Posted 18 years ago #

Oh yes, I know what you mean... have tried that (also had a god with another version from a couple of days ago) but still no joy.

Tried turning of the visual rich text editor (in both places... you have to turn it off in teh options>personal and options>writing... perhaps a fix needed there) but that hasn't brought up / changd anything.

Most perplexing!

Thanks for the seriously prompt feedback AB!

8. andrewbillits
    Posted 18 years ago #

no problem. Hopefully donncha will have some answers because now i'm a bit afraid to upgrade, lol. gnite.

9. Farms
    Posted 18 years ago #

What is it about me and waiting / testing... I wouldn't make a great engineer.

I figured itr migt be something to do with tinymce so I copied the 30Aug wp-includes folder over the latest nightlk to see if it would fix it.

But it didn't.... *sobs into keyboard*

Donncha...

10. Farms
    Posted 18 years ago #

Am just bumping this up again in case anyone else has ahad a similar experience / feels they might be able to help out.

11. ozgreg
    Posted 18 years ago #

I got to admit I am not sold about the idea of the rich editor, I find it very slow and cannot see how it is better over the quicker old style editor..

One thing the editor does work on my install so why it is not working for you is a little odd..

12. plainsman
    Posted 18 years ago #

I'm having the same problem. Began hearing from users that the quicktags rich editor functions are not showing on their Admin "Write" sections.

So, I'm bumping this up again.

13. vCarey
    Posted 18 years ago #

I'm not sure if the problem I am having with nightly build 082605 is related to the "quicktags rich editor function" or not.

In the write a post or edit a post area, as the page loads one can see on the right DISCUSSION, POST SLUG, CATEGORIES (etc.) info and then during the page loading all the info disappears except for the titles noted above.

If this is not the same problem as "quicktabs", can someone help me with a solution to get the info to remain on the page? All help is greatly appreciated.

EDIT:(Sorry, maybe this post should be in How-to Troubleshooting.)

14. vCarey
    Posted 18 years ago #

Update: After doing an upgrade the problem above is now fixed. However, I now know what the "quicktags" problem is as I now have it. lol

About this Topic