The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Site is Slow unless you Log In (8 posts)

1. DarkPepe
    Posted 17 years ago #

This is strange... My MU instalation is running slow, I dont know why.. It just happend today, also every blog takes up to 35 seconds to load (acording to FasterFox), but IF you log in, the site runs between 3 and 5 seconds for each page.

Server Load is OK, and mysql connections are all OK; is not a bandwith problem because other sites on my host are running fine. I have rolled back every change I made to my site today: Adding Adsense Code and a plugin Called "Suscribe to Comments 2.08".. both of them were deleted.

Can somebody help me with this?

My URL: http://losblogs.cl

2. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Anything in teh error logs?

edit: the bit in your footer says you're doing 408 queries. That's very VERY high. I think it should be more like 20-40.

3. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

dr.mike, do you know of any way to check to see the number of queries being done on a site where that info is not included in the footer?

4. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

put this:

<!--<?php echo $wpdb->num_queries; ?> queries. <?php timer_stop(1); ?> seconds.--> into your footer

btw. do you know of any other methods that looking at the queries, disabling a plugin, comparing queries again to determine why one has so many queries? I have 233 queries. 1.361 seconds right now on my mainpage, which is a lot.

any other tools to find out whats going on?

5. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

yep, i've got 207 queries running on mine. Need to figure out what's going on here!

6. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Are you both running spam plugins? I recently had to tweak settings and clear out a whole pile of stuff.

7. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

running sk2 andrea, but deactivating that plugin all together didn't result in much change.

8. DarkPepe
    Posted 17 years ago #

I've just deactivated Shortstats plugin and it came down from 451 to 413 queries

But is still slow when you are not logged in..

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by DarkPepe
  • Latest reply from DarkPepe