The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Disabling comment moderation site wide (5 posts)

1. stickwithjosh
    Posted 17 years ago #

I've got a mu install with a lot of the admin section commented out for users (love those if statements) and akismet installed for all users automatically.

My question is this: is there a simple way to disable comment moderation site wide? I'd like the users to never have to moderate (of course with the option of deleting comments if they like) because akismet is 99 percent accurate as far as I can see, and I want to remove all barriers to entry for content.

Any thoughts? I'm just not sure how to do this site wide without running a cron job or something similar to the options page for every user.

Thanks in advance, when I searched the forums I did not see anything similar.

2. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Comment the option out in the admin panel?

3. stickwithjosh
    Posted 17 years ago #

thanks for your reply andrea!

right now comment moderation is on, i need it off. I don't know how to turn it off for all users, including users who have not yet signed up.

it is already gone from the users admin section, i've commented that out, but I need to know how to turn comment moderation off for all users, so comments will be posted automatically.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

I am not sure of the exact file. I'd have to read the code. Also, I do not know if Askimet moderates comments or not. It might be in /wp-admin/options-discussion.php

5. dronamraju
    Posted 16 years ago #

I changed wp-admin/upgrade-schema.php to comment out this line in the function populate_options.php
    add_option('comment_whitelist', 1);
    This turns off comment moderation.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by stickwithjosh
  • Latest reply from dronamraju