The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

demo blog (9 posts)

1. thomask
    Posted 17 years ago #

I would like to have a demo blog, where the visitor can login with some default demo userid and password, can test whatever he wants, but every e.g. 20 minutes, it would be cleared and "reinstalled".
    What is the best way how to do it?

2. nexia
    Posted 17 years ago #

building a demo is simple, but making it reinstall per periods is not, as the system is not made for that...

the best thing could be that you create a blog, like #_1_, you copy the part of the database that contain the infos about #_1_, and you ca simply re-query your server with that content, overriding the old content...

3. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Oh, i remember dr mike talked about this... he has a demo blog set up. He talked about it here in the forum somewhere.

4. conpeo
    Posted 17 years ago #

simply re-query your server with that content, overriding the old content...

Can I know more about setting this timer. drmike demo blog is setup by subdomain. how about subdir? I mean subdirWPMU can make it?

5. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'm just emptying out the database tables for that specific blog and then reload them every 20 minutes or so.

6. conpeo
    Posted 17 years ago #

drmike, you used to reload db manually?
    I can't imagine how the rubbish spammer mess my demo blog in front of newcomer.

7. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

http://www.daria.be/demoupdate.phps

171 is the id of the blog that I had setup ahead of time. I'm leaving the stats tables in there and not replacing them.

8. conpeo
    Posted 17 years ago #

thanks for sharing.
    but not found default demo username & password can be reset in that demoupdate.phps
    and confuse with "umeta_id" for new demo use.

9. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

but not found default demo username & password

It is. Take a look at the line starting with:

mysql_query("INSERT INTO 'wp_users'

and confuse with "umeta_id" for new demo use.

Please take a look at your wp_usermeta table.

About this Topic