The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Adding awordpress install into MU (7 posts)

1. stealthfiction
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hello.

I have a MU install running at sitehell.com

I also had 4 other blogs all on separate wordpress installs i would like to somehow export them from their old installations and import them into MU.

I read somewhere that there was a 'export' feature in standard wordpress, however I can not find it. I can only find something called 'back-up'

Also wordpress has been updated to 2.0.5

If anyone could help me get these blogs on the same install i would be thankful.

I'm even willing to pay to have this done if someone with more expertise would be willing to do get this up and running for me..

2. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

The export feature is a plugin.

Just google 'wordpress export plugin' and you should find it.

From there, you can use the import in MU to import the file that the export created.

Be careful with user mapping, if you have any authors other than yourself. They will need to exist in MU as users of the blog your importing into first. Even then, I found the user mapping to be a little shaky. You may have to go back and update post authors.

If you're using the popularity contest plugin, be careful because your post id's will likely change.

Pages will be fun too. You'll have to go into the database and update the table rows for each "page". Use the default 'about' page in the MU db as a guide.

There's some more info on this whole import thing somewhere here recently as well.

3. stealthfiction
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hmm I just tried the export plug in and received the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare xmlrpc_decode() in /home/kriskaos/public_html/wp-content/plugins/WPexport/blogger.php on line 1911

perhaps im not using the right one, can you provide a download link to the plug-in please?

4. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

I don't have it available. I found it in one of the recent threads.

Your exporting from blogger?
    Should be exporting from WP?

5. stealthfiction
    Posted 17 years ago #

No i am exporting from wordpress. thats why i thought the plug in might have been the wrong file.

6. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Export shopudl be in the most recent WP. Not sure where it is in themenu system, but if you use the URL yourdomain.com/wp-admin/export.php that should bring it up. I just checked on my own blog, it's there.

7. stealthfiction
    Posted 17 years ago #

Thanks for the help, I got the site exported and imported into MU, only a few small problems remain

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by stealthfiction
  • Latest reply from stealthfiction