The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

New version of WP on WPMU? (7 posts)

1. noise
    Posted 17 years ago #

I see there is a new version of Wp available (2.0.6). I guess we wouldn't update the WPMU engine with the new files?

The new versions have some features that we could really use (like better Safari post editing)

thanks

2. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

Since MU is keeping up with the 2.1 branch (at least I think I read that), it probably wouldn't be a good idea. ;)

More Safari support would be nice, but it's up to Safari, unfortunately.

I use it for some stuff, but mainly use FF.

3. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Well, the changelog states the latest nightly of MU is up to rev 4709 of WP.

No idea what revision the latest WP is, but it should be easy enough to find out. As most of the bugs get squashed in MU, I'm noticing it's getting closer to the latest WP versions.

Edit: WP's latest revision *is* 4709, so congrats Donncha for getting it all up to speed and in sync. :)

4. quenting
    Posted 17 years ago #

> More Safari support would be nice, but it's up to Safari, unfortunately.

Care to elaborate ? My users keep complaining about my site not working in safari.

5. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

I just read it in the source code, actually.
    Was in one of the post files in wp-admin, in a comment line.

I "think" it's also on trac too.

Right now, after what I'm calling the "Stevenote Fiasco™" yesterday, I think I'll stick with using FF. lol

Off topic, kinda: That phone rocks as a device, but (for the US) cingular can bite me. iTV, OK... knew about that (it's officially Apple TV now though). So the only thing that wasn't known going into the keynote was Apple Computer, Inc = Apple, Inc. ....

/stop

I'll stop before I get spun up again. :(

6. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Safari has issues with WYSIWYG among other things. If you search the wp.com forums, you'll find a large number of threads on the browser.

7. noise
    Posted 17 years ago #

Great! Thanks for the info!

About this Topic