The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Change "Blogroll" to "Links" (7 posts)

1. coldstatue
    Posted 17 years ago #

I've searched and found the solution to this, but it doesn't work for me. I went into link categories and changed it from "blogroll" to "links" but it doesn't reflect on the site. I can change everything else with no problems. I'm less than 24 hrs new to WP, so please forgive my ignorance, and have mercy on my soul.

2. pajamapants
    Posted 16 years ago #

Did you ever find a solution to this??

3. jalien
    Posted 16 years ago #

There are two or three places to change "blogroll" to "links" depending on what you want to do.

1. To change the category from "links" to "blogroll", in Site Admin go to Manage -> Categories and edit "Blogroll"

2. To change the Admin menu names, you need to do some core file edits.
    In /wp-admin/menu.php, line 22 change ‘Blogroll' to ‘Links’, then in line 50 ‘Manage Blogroll’ changed to ‘Manage Links’
    and
    Changed the title of Manage Links page in /wp-admin/link-manager.php line 19 and 75 - changed “Blogroll” to “Link”.

3. To make the changes in 1. permanent for new blogs (I may have done some overkill here so someone correct me if I'm wrong)
    Edited /wp-includes/wpmu-functions.php lines 1313 to 1318 and change every instance of ‘Blogroll’ to ‘Links’, and ‘blogroll’ to ‘links’ - only the ones in single quotes.

I think that covers it.

4. JennyB
    Posted 16 years ago #

That was beautiful. Thank you

5. PBO
    Posted 15 years ago #

Also did this one and its effective

6. BlueDot
    Posted 15 years ago #

This can now be done thru the admin interface.

7. evergreenils
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thanks to whoever shepherded this change for the admin interface. I spent a few minutes looking for a replacement widget... then found this thread. Piece o' cake!

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by coldstatue
  • Latest reply from evergreenils