The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Default language other than English ? (6 posts)

1. skcsknathan001
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hi,

I have setup my site and made the default language as Tamil in wp-config file.

The translation works great. But if a user wants to switch back to English, there is no English option to select in the language drop down. Even if the user selects Default, it will still display Tamil, since that is the default one.

There is a workaround, currently that you select a non *.mo file. Any file. Selecting any file other than a *.mo makes the WPMU revert back to English.

But is this efficient? Is there a proper way to do this?

2. satwizard
    Posted 16 years ago #

hi...

i have same problem...

use want to choose language English or Tamil

where can i get Tamil Language pack

any solution for this ...

3. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

You change the setting in wp-config.php. There's instructions in there. Please review them.

4. dbasulto
    Posted 16 years ago #

i just uploaded the .mo files and they appear on the language selector on the options page :)

it's pretty easy to add languages and users can select them, you just need to code an option for the signup page.

5. drmiketemp
    Posted 16 years ago #

Either that or mention that they themselves can change them on their options page.

Do note that if you come across any text bits that aren't coded for translation, please open up a trac ticket and point them out to Donncha.

6. byjournal
    Posted 16 years ago #

...where can i get Tamil Language pack...

see at wpmudev.org - there are many langpacks at this site

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by skcsknathan001
  • Latest reply from byjournal