The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Need tester (3 posts)

1. yourhotbot
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Hi all, I need testers for a new hosting software for a new server that will be designed and deployed for hosting publishing utilites. This is a free account and there is no hidden scam behind it as long as you abide by your responsibilites as a tester. We are not a web hosting company, but a management company that deals with datacenters directly. Currently, we have level 3 techs, customer service agents, and general temps working in Equinix, Saavis, At&T, and SBC. Our corporate offices are located in Seoul, Korea and California, USA under the company name SimplySmarter LLC and Eltek LLC, a subsidiary company of Samsung Engeineering, the parent company is Samsung Technologies based in Korea. This is a great chance for you to test mu.wordpress or any other weblog publishing tools at no charge.

--This is not for hosting live sites, you must have a domain name ready for use, you do not require knowledge of any hosting mangement as you will using a secured account with client level access (same as a regular web hosting account, but with greater server resources--

1. We are testing the virtual host software-Virtuozzo for several large web-based hosting companies located in the US. For tester we will provide a GUI control Panel: Direct Admin during the testing phase.

2. All servers will be Dual-Opteron based with each VPS(Virutal Private Server) using equal amounts resources. There will be no more then 5 accounts per VPS and no more then 50 accounts per server.

Server is-
    Dual CPU + Dual Core Opteron 265
    8GB DDR Registered ECC
    4x36GB SCSI / Raid 10 Setup
    Linux - CentOS 4 (x86_64)

Intial VPS-
    Equal Share CPU
    256-512 Dedicated Ram per VPS Shared by 1-5 accounts
    1-2 gigs of Space
    Bandwidth is calclated at 2.5x the amouts of hard drive
    space you are setup for

3. You must use it daily, no reports needed to be sent as we are just monitoring server loads for publishing tools.

4. We will setup wildcard for subdomains in advance. In addition, we will provide limited support during testing phase on installation

5. Your compensation is the use of the free account to test mu.wordpress or any other publishing tools such as plog, blogger, or whatever you seem fit to use. We may offer several tester free accounts on our own servers later in the future for other testing needs. These upgraded free accounts will be real accounts that will not expire as long as you fullfill your responisblies and you may host live sites. We are sorry that we cannot offer services beyond this for everyone else. We can provide you with one-time discounts on hosting packages that are sponsored by Yahoo! and Daum.net if you wish. Details on that will be given at the end of testing phase.

6. The companies that we are testing for that have approved us to release there names are, CanUBlogThis LLC, Freechal.co.kr & Daum.net.

You may pm me a message with your name and email address.

You must live in the US, be over 13, and must not use this account for anything but testing publishing utilites. Each account will last about 1-2 weeks and only 10 testers will be taken from different locations on the internet. We currently have 30 testers and 20 slots left to fill.

`From this forum we will accept only 5 testers!!!!

Thanks you very much for you time and effort.

Tony Ballard

2. jaseone
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

I don't know if you will get much interest, most people here should already have adequate hosting and to set something separate up for just 1 or 2 weeks on a temporary account is a lot of work, like how are you even supposed to get a reasonable number of people using it in that timeframe to enable you to get some decent statistics out of it?

Sure I could install WPMU within an hour or so, fiddle with some themes/plugins and do the occasional post to a blog there but what good is that going to do you? It isn't going to generate much traffic so any stats you get won't be that in depth especially only seeing how it is only 2 weeks maximum for the account.

3. yourhotbot
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

I am sorry to here that then. We are not actually testing the tester, but certain information that is produced while the servers and dc's are hit with a system that Daum has setup where is will generate several thousands hits per hour. Although I cannot go into detail, but rest assured that this is common practice for large web-based companies. I just came back from Korea and wanted to offer some future cyber jobs and the best way I thought was to see who was willing to except a position without pay for the passion of technology while they were actually working for our company. Unorthodox, but it had been successful in China and Japan where we were able to hire about 20 people into our company. Obviously I could not state this before and I am sorry that I will no longer be able to extend this offer.

Some Past News and Companies that we have worked with:

Daum.net and Eltek enjoy a long relationship of over 5 years and Eltek has helped Daum.net to become one of the most visited sites in Asia. Currently ranked #1 in South Korea.

Freechal, our newest client has contracted us to upgrade and re-engineer there web mail system

Past clients have been Amazon.co.kr, eBay! Japan (eBay !waited to long and lost the market to Yahoo! in Japan), Motorsports, and various other companies that wished to have a presence in the Asias.

I wish the best of luck to everyone and next you see an offer like this, please think why would someone offer something like this.

Good Day, Tony Ballard

About this Topic

• Started 18 years ago by yourhotbot
  • Latest reply from yourhotbot