The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

What are the plans to move to the WP 2.0/2.1 codebase? (26 posts)

1. stacydoss
    Posted 17 years ago #

Wondering if WPMU will be moving to the 2.0/2.1 codebase any time soon?

2. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

You mean take a step backwards? It's already getting some of the new 2.2 stuff, and has been 2.1+ for quite a while now.

The MU version is exactly that. The version of MU. Completely different from the WP version that it uses.

3. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Isn't this like the third thread of this this week?

4. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

Is it only 3?

Beats me, but I added my response above to my text file I keep on my desktop to use in such cases. It's much easier to copy/paste from it, than to write a response each time the same question gets asked (and asked, and asked, and asked...)

5. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

I have someone in teh wp.com forums who has a stack of cut and pastes and she uses them a lot.

Even if they don't answer the question posed. She's big on keywords. *sigh*

6. cchurch
    Posted 17 years ago #

>> Wondering if WPMU will be moving to the 2.0/2.1 codebase any time soon?

I'm not sure its a bad assumption when MU carries a 1x version and WP carries a 2x that the product is "behind". I browsed "About" and didn't find anything about the currency of the codebases, so I think the version number is a bit confusing. That doesn't mean you have to change it, but if its a recurring question...

Thanks,

Chris

7. mrball
    Posted 17 years ago #

or make the forums easier to search.

8. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/search.php

How much easier can it get?

<roll eyes>

Donncha didn't put the sticky on the front page for his health. :)

9. mrball
    Posted 17 years ago #

luna: you know what i mean! :) to make it easier to search, make the top search box on every page work like that http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/search.php. then we can remove the sticky.

would help if we had some sort of FAQ as well linked at the top of the forums. We sort of have one here: http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/wiki/FAQs

Just needs a bit of cleaning up.

10. cchurch
    Posted 17 years ago #

Actually, the best description of MU isn't on the MU site, its on the WP site, so for people who land here...

Maybe replicating http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPressMU here at the MU site, or using that content from a sidebar link "What is WordPress MU?" at http://mu.wordpress.org/ would be helpful.

11. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Also, clicking on the big huge log on the top of the page takes you to wp.org. :)

12. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

Well Ball, that's the problem. It has something to do with the way BBPress is set up, and sharing things with wp.org, etc. I'm not completely sure what, exactly, but that was the reason for the sticky to the actual search page.

13. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Agreed. Donncha told that that was what he was told when the issue came up the last time a few months ago.

14. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Well the opther problem is we have some external and helpful cimmunity-based sites that new users should have a look-see at, but the site her eis dev driven. Thus the dependency on broken searchs and jaded volunteers. ;)

15. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

I just really need to find the time to work on teh codex as well.

16. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Oh man, my typing was horrific last week when I was on meds, wasn't it?

17. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

Yep. And we're all upset you didn't share! :D

18. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

I didn't want to squick out the boys. :)

(It's all on my blog anyway. I was on some temp. hormones and it made my ADD symptoms worse. WAY worse. And then on Friday I had surgery so I could stop taking those meds and take painkillers instead.)

19. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

Well, we won't fault you for not sharing non-good stuff. :D

20. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Gotta admit that I'm debating on what to do with the CSS editor as well. While it's technially a plugin, it does involve some hacking of the files.

21. mrball
    Posted 17 years ago #

I understand it is not easy to change the search box to make it work correctly, as Donncha said:

Unfortunately it's not possible to easily change the search box on this site because the template is shared with wordpress.org but there is a search page that does work.

It might not be easy as in 5 minutes work easy but it must definitely be possible- less than 1 hr work possible. Maybe it wasn't that important then but the MU community has grown up, we deserve a working search box! :D

22. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

and the header logo that says wpmu is linked to wp.org, probably for the same reasons.

But I've heard of these things called IF statements...

Methinks it's not a time issue, but a priority one.

23. jjmajava
    Posted 17 years ago #

Drmike: having the CSS editor as plugin would be great! No, it would be fantastic!

24. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Donncha said that's the way it is when I asked him about it way back when.

It is strange that we get out own image though. Anyone else seeing that extra curved line aloing the left hand side of the circle-w?

25. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Yep.

26. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

Yepper.

But it's within the entire image. Not sure why it's different than the normal "W", but it doesn't bother me too much.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by stacydoss
  • Latest reply from lunabyte