The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

more about More tags... (14 posts)

1. davec53
    Posted 17 years ago #

i've looked through the forum and google and everywhere i can think of, but i still don't see a solution to the problem where kses.php is stripping out the "More" tags.

I hate to go in and totally disable the filtering, but is that the only solution right now??

2. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

Stripping them out, as in how?

I use it pretty frequently, since I tend to generate long entries, and haven't had a problem with them other than the noted "smiley" problem.

3. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Agreed. First I knew about it. Have a user who's big on them as well.

4. davec53
    Posted 17 years ago #

hmmm. well, from the WYSIWYG editor, i write a post, split it up with a "more" tag from the menu there, it shows up that it is there, but when i publish and go view the post, i see the whole post...no split.

when i go back in to view the backend, i can still see that the "more" tag is there, so i guess it isn't really stripping it out, but it isn't showing up, either. i read some posts about this saying that the kses.php won't display HTML comments.

i'm gonna go back in and study this a little more...maybe i'm not doing something right, but it appears that i cannot split a post in my blog, and i'm not sure why, unless it is the kses.php entry concerning html comments.

5. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hmmm.

If you're on a single post page, it will show the whole post. But it shouldn't if it's not a single entry, and the more tag is in place.

I don't use the crutch, I personally hate it, so I'm of no help there.

However, I do still use the tag and it works fine for me.

6. davec53
    Posted 17 years ago #

hey, turns out there was a problem with the template...they are working now.

which makes it even more confusing that i found in some other posts that folks were having their more tags stripped out?? :S

7. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Actually the Rich text editor isn't setup to take the more tag directly if you're on the Visual tab. Best bet would be to add it in manually on the Code tab or use the icon and let the editor do it itself.

Or am I missing something here?

8. re5et
    Posted 16 years ago #

@davec53, could you please describe the problem you were having with the template? I believe I may have the same problem, and have no solution.

9. suleiman
    Posted 16 years ago #

You can add in a more tag button into the RTE doc.

10. devrahall
    Posted 16 years ago #

I am now having the same problem on multiple sites running version 2.1.3. Until recently the split was working just fine. Now, suddenly, it shows in the editor but not in the published post. Nothing has changed code-wise from my end - no recent changes to the files other than to ad a line for wp-ads and I think this happened well after Ads was sucessfully implemented, but that was on only 1 site. Also, it is happening to sites using different themes (RoundFlow and Tiga to name 2).

11. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

"I am now having the same problem on multiple sites running version 2.1.3."

You may wish to bring this up on the actual WordPress forums.

This is the WordPress MultiUser forums, and we're using bleeding edge 2.2.

12. devrahall
    Posted 16 years ago #

lunabyte, thank you. will do.

13. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

You're welcome. It's easy to get it confused at times.

14. devrahall
    Posted 16 years ago #

Sorry, I'm a newbie and it took me a few hours to realize that one instance was a user's problemn and my own instance was a theme problem. All fixed now. Thanks anyway.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by davec53
  • Latest reply from devrahall