The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Succinct Install Cookbook for OS X Server (7 posts)

1. cchurch
    Posted 17 years ago #

I haven't been able to find a step-by-each-step install cookbook for MU on OS X Server. I'd be willing to assist in putting one of these together (if I had a rough idea what was required), and also have the means to do the same for Leopard.

How much interest would anyone think there'd be in this, and what resources could it be built from?

Thanks,

Chris

2. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Only Mac boxes I have our my backups servers and they don't run webservers.

Sorry,
    -drmike

3. cchurch
    Posted 17 years ago #

What if one or more could be provided?

4. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

It isn't hard. Not hard at all. Done it many times over, and really as long as you know apache, you're good to go.

Well, that and as long as php/mysql are up to date.

5. cchurch
    Posted 17 years ago #

luna,

>> and really as long as you know apache, you're good to go.

I think a lot of OS X server admins who would have the skills to maintain WP don't know Apache, and won't know where to hunt down the php/mysql dependencies or activiation steps until they try to install WP or WPMU.

6. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hmmmm... Maybe you're right. It was second nature to me the first time I did it, but then again Terminal is my friend. :D

7. withinsight
    Posted 15 years ago #

I've written a walk-through for OS X Leopard, not OS X Server, but you might be able to get something out of it:

http://www.withinsightdesign.com/2009/installing-wordpress-mu-on-mac-os-x-leopard/

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by cchurch
  • Latest reply from withinsight