The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

N00b here. How do i change the header image on the default wordpress theme (7 posts)

1. Abracadabra
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hello,

I have just completed installing Wordpress Mu, and i'm trying to fiddle with the theme a little and am trying to change the header background image.

I went into wp-content/themes/home/images and added the new header image there. Changed the referencing image name in the "header-img.php" file within the images folder and in the style.css file in the parent folder but it still does not show up.

Is there something else that I should be doing?

Many thanks in advance.

2. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

I think it's hardcoded in the theme's header file.

(I hate kubrick.)

3. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

(grumble grumble)

4. Abracadabra
    Posted 17 years ago #

let me see if i can go though the theme header files and switch it out. otherwise i'll just have to rename images so that it thinks my new image is the default image, which is a last option and not one that i would like to follow unless i have no other way. :-(

5. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

You may also be looking at a cache copy of the blog that you're looking at. It's a common problem over at wp.com with Comcast victims and those coming in from Singapore.

Regards,
    -drmike

6. Abracadabra
    Posted 17 years ago #

hello drmike,

i checked and i don't think its a caching issue. I changed theme's and went back and its still the same. I did find a work around though.

I edited the header-img.php file within the images folder and basically commented out all the code and inserted a single line specifying the header image to be the one i created and this seems to work. This seems to be a very crude hack and even though its working for me now, i'm going to keep this issue open in the hope that someone might be able to point me to the right way of doing this.

Thanks.

7. bradrice
    Posted 17 years ago #

I discovered the same problem with the main mu site not allowing my theme to take precedence over the header-img.php file. My fix was to add an !important declaration in my #header selector in my styles.css file and it then used my background image for the header.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by Abracadabra
  • Latest reply from bradrice