The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

GUID field empty? (13 posts)

1. beatbox433
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hi,
    I'm looking at retreiving the most recent posts from my wpmu. I notice that the guid field in wp_X_posts, for post links, is empty. Is there a setting I've missed somewhere for enabling this to be written?
    I could work out the post url from the date etc., but that's a bit long winded.

Thanks.

2. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

I could have sworn that it stays empty within WPMu but I could be wrong.

Someone else care to check for us please?

Is it causing an issue?

3. beatbox433
    Posted 17 years ago #

OK. Not causing me an issue, just gives me a bit more work in getting the URL for each post - I'll have to parse the post date I suppose.
    I'm right in thinking that guid would usually hold the path to the post?

4. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

OK, I see what you mean now.

Hmmm....

It's strange as I look at my test install. The first post autocreated doesn't have the guid. The blog where an import was made does have it though.

Maybe it fills in the field if the permalinks as defined to by anything but the simple number one?

5. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

There is a plugin for this, you know.

6. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Yu know. I'm going to talk to my doctor tomorrow. This 'no coffee' bs is really begining to get to me. This is like the 5th 'ticket' I've mucked up by not reading what was occuring. That and lack of sleep lately.

*sigh*

Do a search for 'most recent posts' and it should come right up.

Another solution would be to install the WPMU Sitewide Feed for generate a sitewide feed. Then hardcode a fetch_rss function call to display it.

edit: I at least asked what they were doing it for.

7. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

No coffee? I'd hang myself, or put a bullet in my head.

What's next? No beer, liquor, or wine? :O

8. Farms2
    Posted 17 years ago #

Steady on! Have a nice peppermint tea...

9. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

I went caffiene free once. Worst months of my life. (okay, there was a baby screaming the whole time, too, but I digress.)

I tell the drs I need it for my ADD. (what? It's true!)

10. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

Tea's good, but still got caffeine in it.

OK, no coffee. Did the Doc say no espresso? :D

11. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

No strong sources of caffine. Those Red Bull like drinks have always been on my restricted list.

It's funny that you mention the espresso. At the coffee shop I normally hang around and work out of, they make me this latte like drink that I really like. I found out that they used espresso within it. So much for that...

12. beatbox433
    Posted 17 years ago #

OK, got a bit distracted with something else, just coming back to this.
    I know there's a plugin for recent posts, but I'm showing the recent posts in a different application, not in WPMU, so I'm going direct to the WPMU db to pull out the relevant posts.
    I think I looked at a plugin for sql query inspiration and that's when I noticed that guid is an empty field. Hence this post.
    I'll take a look at the sitewide feed plugin, but I don't think that's going to do it for me.

13. beatbox433
    Posted 17 years ago #

Can't even get the sitewide feed plugin to show up in my wpmu installation. :(
    Groan.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by beatbox433
  • Latest reply from beatbox433