The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

One blog cannot be accessed (is blank)... (5 posts)

1. stgoos
    Posted 17 years ago #

I got the strangest thing going on. After testing for a while I wanted to set up a 'production' environment. Installation is with subdomains and a few plugins. After creating 7 extra blogs through the back end blog creation I started to modify the plugin settings for each blog. Everything went well except for one of the blogs...

When I want to enter the back end or the front end I get nothing more than an empty page with no source behind it :S

Anyone got any idea what might be causing this and how to fix it?

I already tried it with a re-installation but without any result and I have tried it through an other browser to eliminate caching problems.

2. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

"After creating 7 extra blogs through the back end blog creation I started to modify the plugin settings for each blog. Everything went well except for one of the blogs..."

We need more details. Specifically, what plugin did you turn on or modify right before it all went blank?

And check the error logs.

3. stgoos
    Posted 17 years ago #

I have been deactivating/re-activating plugins as well. When I re-installed the whole lot I had it instantaneously without any plugin activated - oh wait the mu-plugins are activated automatically isn't it? I will give it an other try with a clean install.

About the change log - I can not find any error message in the Apache error logs pointing into the directing of a cause for this phenomenon.

Anyway these plugins do I use at the moment:

Plugins in the plugin directory:
    -----------------------------------
    Adhesive 3.2
    Easy Post-to-Post Links 0.9
    Embedded Video with Link 3.0.1
    Headline Images 2.8
    ImageManager 2.4.1
    Maintenance Mode 2.2
    My Category Order 2.1
    My Link Order 2.1
    My Page Order 2.1
    wp-Table 1.35

Plugins in the mu-plugin directory:
    -----------------------------------
    Admin Drop Menus for WP MU 1.0
    Multi-user Plugin Manager 1.0
    Sidebar Widgets 1.0.20060711
    Upload space plugin 0.1

I have also updated TinyMCE to version 2.0.9.

4. stgoos
    Posted 17 years ago #

LOL - you will never believe this, but I found the source of all evil :)

My brother have been playing with the router/firewall yesterday will he was installing a network drive. Being curious about how the keyword block filter option was working he just typed in a few keywords including the name of the blog that didn't show up...

I was thinking into this direction after a fresh and clean installation with exactly the same problem and a look at the test environment installation where the same blogname all of the sudden wasn't working anymore as well all.

What must have happened is that he thought he had deleted all the keywords but didn't confirm the deletion for the second time... arrggg!!

Thanks a million for the timely response and the will to help me out on this one ;)

Cheers.

5. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

Sounds like someone needs one of them new candy bars. You know, from that company Good Swift, which are out of Manshank, Virginia.

I believe their latest is called "Kick in the nuts".

About this Topic