The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

TinyMCE html source editor not working with Firefox 2.0 (3 posts)

1. stgoos
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hi all,

I'm using the wpmu v1.1.1 and have upgraded the TinyMCE code to v2.1.0.

When I try to use the html source editor I do not get anything but an empty blank window. When I enter some text into it and try to update the post nothing happens as well...

I use Firefox v2.0.0.2. Anyone who knows how to get it working?

By the way, the html source editor is working with IE v7.0.5730.11.

2. Farms2
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'm using 2.0.0.2 and 1.1.1 ands it works fine for me - try a clearout and another go - Tiny MCE has done some odd things to me in the past too which have disappeared inexplicably overnight.

Cheers, James

3. stgoos
    Posted 17 years ago #

Weird... I just restored the original tinymce directory that comes with v1.1.1, dumped the browsers cache, and still no html source visible to edit :S

So far I have not installed any plugin. Perhaps it's just a config issue?!

I recon it would be in this section where something might be wrong (in tiny_mce_config.php):

$plugins = array('inlinepopups', 'autosave', 'spellchecker', 'paste', 'wordpress');
    $plugins = apply_filters('mce_plugins', $plugins);
    $plugins = implode($plugins, ',');

$mce_buttons = apply_filters('mce_buttons', array('bold', 'italic', 'strikethrough', 'separator', 'bullist', 'numlist', 'outdent', 'indent', 'separator', 'justifyleft', 'justifycenter', 'justifyright', 'separator', 'link', 'unlink', 'image', 'wp_more', 'separator', 'spellchecker', 'separator', 'wp_help', 'wp_adv', 'wp_adv_start', 'separator', 'formatselect', 'underline', 'justifyfull', 'forecolor', 'separator', 'pastetext', 'pasteword', 'separator', 'removeformat', 'cleanup', 'code', 'separator', 'charmap', 'separator', 'undo', 'redo', 'wp_adv_end'));
    $mce_buttons = implode($mce_buttons, ',');

James, can you otherwise post/mail your tiny_mce_config.php?

Cheers :)

About this Topic