The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Uploaded themes do not appear on list (wpmu) (8 posts)

1. anlaz
    Posted 17 years ago #

I uploaded new themes unto my wordpress mu, but they did not show up on the list under Site Admin --> Themes.

What could I have done wrong? Please help. Thanks.

2. rmwb
    Posted 17 years ago #

Are you sure they are in wp-content/themes, all in their own folders and readable by your web server?

3. anlaz
    Posted 17 years ago #

Yes, they are, and made sure of the attributes as well so they are readable by the web server.

4. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Log out and then log back in. It's happened to me before.

5. bart154ce
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hi I have exactly the same problem as the original post, I have at least 25 themes in the wpmu/wp-content/themes folder but only 7 are showing in Site Admin --> Themes...

I did notice that those 7 themes have changed as from what was there before I added the last group, although I do only remember seeing around the same number or so (7)

6. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

As site admin, go Dashboard -> Presentation and take a look at the bottom of that page to see if you're getting any errors.

7. bart154ce
    Posted 17 years ago #

No, had a look and no errors are showing, is it worth deleting the themes off the server and installing a different set?

Would a un-compatible/corrupt theme be causing a problem, just musing a few possibilities, got a day or two to have a play and see if I can get this sorted.

8. satoveillon
    Posted 17 years ago #

I had the same issue... I couldnt seem to get them to list, and since I had basically installed WPMU where WP used to be (I had deleted all but the WP-Content folder to preserve all of the themes and plug-ins, then did the install for WPMU) and thought maybe that wasn't wise, I decided to just start over. I deleted everything off of the server (left the DB in tact) and reinstalled WPMU. Once I saw it was running, I activated the 3 themes that came with WPMU, and verified that was working. Then I uploaded one theme and it showed up. Weird, but whatever. So I uploaded the rest, and Voila! They all showed up.

I don't know what I would have done if I had been using WP for a long time, or done many hacks, etc.

One thing that bugs me though, although doesn't matter much, Each time I install WPMU it creates new tables in the DB. How do I either migrate the data from the old tables to the new ones, OR, how do I repoint WPMU to the old tables instead of the new ones. Then I can clean up the DB by deleting the unused tables.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by anlaz
  • Latest reply from satoveillon