The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Slow dashboard and writing. (8 posts)

1. rullzer
    Posted 17 years ago #

I've just finished installing wordpress mu. Everything went smooth. However if i go the the dashboard the page loads very very slowly. The same thing happens when i want to write a page. Konqueror tells me that there is a javascript problem. Is there a way to disable that javascript? Or to fix it so it loads faster?

2. rullzer
    Posted 17 years ago #

Ah it indeed was the javascript. Now i have diabled it and it works fast :D Maybe someday i'll compile jre but for now my system runs fine without :D

3. dsader
    Posted 17 years ago #

I've noticed that Write Page loads the scriptaculous scripts twice... second time for the framed upload.php. Should it need to load the same scripts twice on the same page? Why would post-new.php be different?

Recent nightly (March 18)

Edit: oops, post-new.php does the same.

4. Farms2
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'm having some really slow loading times on post-new.php on 1.1 too - any ideas of how I could speed it up would rock.

Cheers, James

5. LikeTheRazor
    Posted 17 years ago #

Yeah mine loads slow too...

6. dsader
    Posted 17 years ago #

Couldn't the inline upload form be loaded "on click" instead. A very low percentage of posts use the upload form. Disabling the preview frame would do the trick, too.

7. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

"A very low percentage of posts use the upload form."

Bad assumption, there.

But, killing the preview window does help. There's a plugin for it, that I through in the plugins dir and it was fine. Then you're not loading 2 pages at a time. Some people like it, some don't. Let 'em choose.

Main Dashboard loads fine for me though. I mean, nothing out of the ordinary. Page loads up, my 2 feeds are parsed and then show up. No biggie.

8. hellocatfood
    Posted 15 years ago #

I'm still getting the same problem. I'm trying to find which script in particular is doing it but no luck so far

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by rullzer
  • Latest reply from hellocatfood