The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

not see preview on "presentation" (12 posts)

1. Raulken
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Can U help me to see preview? I have more 150 themes but not see any preview... only default theme see preview.

tnx

2. flungster
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

You need to have a screenshot.png file for every theme that you have in order for the previews to work. Check out the default themes that come with MUWP

3. Raulken
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Ok, but exist a automatic plugin for create it or a site how I can download or I must create all themes screenshot.png at hand?

4. jaseone
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

If the theme doesn't come with a screenshot then you must do it yourself.

5. anabelle
    Posted 17 years ago #

what size should screenshot.png should be?

6. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Check another theme to be sure, but I think it's 350px by whatever. :)

7. slipxaway
    Posted 17 years ago #

I think it's 300x230, but you can load a screenshot.png from another theme and double-check. I've had to do this for a few themes, because the screenshot only showed the upper right corner of the theme. I just viewed the theme on a test account, did Prt Scr and pasted it into Photoshop, then cropped out the browser and resized it.

I'm not sure how you plan to maintain 150 themes, unless you're not worried about having uniform features for each theme. I only have 12 installed and it took me a long time to edit each theme to make sure the sidebars all had uniform features, to place Adsense and to change some other small things around. Maybe there are plugins for this though, I'm not sure.

Good luck to say the least! :)

8. bart154ce
    Posted 16 years ago #

Got a similar proplem, I know there is a 'screenshot.png' in the theme folder, but when you go the the presentation page, the preview does not show...

Had a look at the source code of the page and I think I know why but not what is causing it...

The url for each screen shot looks to be faulty:

http://site.org/wpmu/blog///screenshot.png

it's the /// that's causing me concern, what setting do I need to change to correct it?

9. demonicume
    Posted 16 years ago #

i had the same problem. i only use .gif files for screenshots now. when a screenshot isnt showing but i know its there, i convert it to a gif and then put it back - works for me.

10. bart154ce
    Posted 16 years ago #

Thanks for the advise but the problem is still there with '///' in the url.

Anybody know what's going on?

11. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

You just didn't upgrade, did you?

http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/changeset/936

"Important! Make sure you visit and save wp-admin/wpmu-themes.php to update the list!"

From that URL, it's missing the stylesheet directory at teh very least.

12. bart154ce
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi DrMike,

Thanks for the help, no it's not a upgrade, but a new installation (1.2.1) have tried clicking on the Site Admin>Themes>Update Themes button, but to no avail....

Which stylesheet directory do you mean?

About this Topic

• Started 18 years ago by Raulken
  • Latest reply from bart154ce