The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Fatal error: Cannot break/continue 1 level in admin-db.php (13 posts)

1. moorezilla
    Posted 17 years ago #

I am running mu 1.2.1 on ubuntu 6.10, php5.1, apache2 and everything was working fine until I uploaded some additional themes. Now I fire this error whenever I go to the presentation or the theme tab.

Fatal error: Cannot break/continue 1 level in /home/web/chelseahigh/sites/wp-admin/admin-db.php on line 669

I deleted all of the themes after the error and now have default, home, and classic remaining in the theme directory underneath wp-content, but the error won't go away.

Any ideas how I can fix this? I searched the forums but couldn't find an answer.

Thanks.

2. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

1.2.1 modified how the themes were stored. Go back to Site Admin -> Themes and resave them all.

3. moorezilla
    Posted 17 years ago #

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, when I go back to Site Admin -> Themes I get the same error:

Fatal error: Cannot break/continue 1 level in /home/web/chelseahigh/sites/wp-admin/admin-db.php on line 669

Is there something I can change in the database to fix this error? Or is there a new version of admin-db.php? I don't care about getting additional themes to work any more; I just want the error to go away for now.

4. moorezilla
    Posted 17 years ago #

Possible fix.

I changed line 669 in admin-db.php to be "return;" instead of "continue;"

and the error went away. I'm not sure if this breaks the ability to add other themes, but at least the error went away.

5. mypatricks
    Posted 17 years ago #

Are you install Multi-Site Manager?

6. moorezilla
    Posted 17 years ago #

nope... standard 1.2.1 installation without any additional plugins or whatnot.

7. nolageek
    Posted 17 years ago #

> Are you install Multi-Site Manager?

I'm getting this error as well and I am using Multi-Site Manager.

8. billdennis5
    Posted 17 years ago #

That's good advice: How do I find which line is 669?

9. nutloaf
    Posted 17 years ago #

drmike - I think this is a syntax error. The continue on line 669 doesn't belong there at all.

It appears to be in the middle of a check to make sure the $allowed_themes array is actually an array. It should probably throw a proper error.

Replacing continue with return will let you use Site Admin -> Themes to resave the allowed themes list. Then the problem goes away.

10. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Best bet would be to open a ticket on trac and let Donncha take a look at the issue.

In between midnight feedings of course. :)

11. jelyon
    Posted 16 years ago #

I just posted this on the discussion for the multi site manager plugin page at http://wpmudevorg.wordpress.com:

I too, with a wordpress-mu-1.2.1 site, the new 002 plugin, received the dreaded "Fatal error: Cannot break/continue 1 level /j/random/path/html/wp-admin/admin-db.php on line 669" when trying to change the theme.

I'd been using instructions from the following discussion:

<http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=2076&replies=24>:

So I started poking around in the WP_Site Meta table - wherein I noticed that the sites that were working had many more entries than the sites that did not. As Cafespain noted:

"Oh and don't forget to duplicate the records in the wp_sitemeta table for the new site or you won't have access to any themes (oops)."

And so I performed this step for the three recalcitrant sites: (edited slightly for clarity)

"4. Duplicate the wp_sitemeta entries for your new site:

insert into wp_sitemeta (site_id, meta_key, meta_value) SELECT x, meta_key, meta_value FROM wp_sitemeta WHERE site_id = 1

(change x to the id of the new site record created at step 3.)"

Voila! It works as advertised.

I'm not a programmer, so I'm wondering if there's a reason the WP_sitemeta data for the new sites isn't added? It'd be nice not to be required to launch into phpmyadmin when adding new sites.

12. kp2575
    Posted 16 years ago #

In order to get this new domain to work I just have to redo follow steps 3 and 4? I am a little confused by this.

13. kp2575
    Posted 16 years ago #

"insert into wp_sitemeta (site_id, meta_key, meta_value) SELECT x, meta_key, meta_value FROM wp_sitemeta WHERE site_id = 1"

Do I just post that into php.admin under the wp_sitemeta?

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by moorezilla
  • Latest reply from kp2575