The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

No text field visible! (5 posts)

1. DE07
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi,

when I try to write a new blog-topic, I can't type something in, because there's no opporunity. No cursor, nothing. Normally the cursor should blink, when I click on the field, where I can type the text. But it doesn't work ...

Here's a screenshot:

http://img475.imageshack.us/my.php?image=decr1.png

Why can't I write anything? Any idea?

Regards,

Dave

2. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Might help us if you told us what browser, browser version OS and security programs you're using. Did you recently upgrade your WPMu install? Best bet would be to clear your browser cache and do a forced reload of the page that you're looking at.

3. a-bishop
    Posted 16 years ago #

All of lank.ru users experience the same problem as DE07 does (Using Mozilla family browsers). I have recent (1.2.1 version of MU installed).

I've checked all the workarounds and quick-fixed for visual editor (that I was able to find on this forum) and none of them helped. It is a fact that visual editor is broken in 1.2.1. for Firefox, Flock, SeaMonkey users.

It is impossible so set a focus to editor (cursor doesn't appear). If you click on any "Quick tag" button cursor appears and you can type, but after post publishing only Title will be saved to database (see wordpress.lank.ru).

This bug is very0very annoying. It would be great if someone will point us to any workaround.

4. a-bishop
    Posted 16 years ago #

5. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Do us a favor and tell us which fix in that thread fixed the issue for you please. There's a couple of them in there.

About this Topic