The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Widget Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error (6 posts)

1. banjolawyer
    Posted 16 years ago #

I have a fresh install of wpmu 1.2.1 and tried to activate Widgets-MU found here
    http://wpmudevorg.wordpress.com/project/Widgets-MU

I am getting a message stating that "Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error"

Anyone have ideas about what may be wrong? I see lots of posts where other people have gotten there's working. Am I not using the right version?

2. Ovidiu
    Posted 16 years ago #

I had the same error yesterday within a wp install with another plugin, any ideas what this means?

3. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

To be honest, I would just install the regular version of the widgets. The only thing you have to do different is place the widget.php file into the mu-plugins subdirectory and not into a subdirectory of it's own.

You may want to check your webserver's error logs and see if anything is in there.

4. albertpreason
    Posted 16 years ago #

It's ok, but first let's check the version of Word Press you have. Because if you have downloaded it from the extensions/plugins interface, you may have downloaded the latest version of the side-bar widgets plugin which may cause a problem for you.

Or you have the new version of WP(2.2) you do not have to install extra plug-in for side bar widgets, because 2.2. has the plug in already in its package (as you can not install the plug in two times). In 2.2. of Wordpress which is published at 16 May, the widget plug in is already at the code itself. And you can not see it at the plug ins tab. But you can check them from presentation tab of your dashboard.

5. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

... and we're in the MU forum so the WP2.2 is kinda moot...

(although I will say having widgets bundled in MU would make things easier and makes WAY more sense)

6. samlosco
    Posted 16 years ago #

I'm getting this same fatal error when trying to activate the wphpbb plugin, any ideas what's causing this? I'm using the latest mu wordpress version

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by banjolawyer
  • Latest reply from samlosco