The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

domain.com blank subdomains okay (1 post)

1. jalien
    Posted 17 years ago #

I am setting up a test wpmu so that I can try plugins before putting them on the main site. I had forgotten to set the wildcard, but when I did it I ended up with a blank on the main domain.com blog while the subdomain.domain.com blogs are fine.

I am using a redirected named address from dynamic dns to my static ip. My other sites and the subdomains on wpmu are working fine, so that isn't a problem. I activated the wildcard for the name address (obviously it is working because the subdomains work). Initially I forgot to set the wildcard in the virtual host, and then after setting it and restarting Apache I came up with problem stated, no main blog.

I'm sure I am overlooking something simple, but I don't know what.

My virtual config for the site looks like this (with real names changed of course):

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerName domain.com
    ServerAlias domain.com *.domain.com
    DocumentRoot /var/www/folder
    ServerAdmin email@linux
    <Directory "/var/www/folder">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride Fileinfo Options
    </Directory>
    </Virtual>

I have enabled mod_rewrite and then virtual_alias just in case. What am I missing?

edit: I just tried I more thing. I was testing the premium-blog plugin, and when I took it out of the mu-plugins folder everything was good again. Sorry for the problem.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by jalien