The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

BLOGROLL FOR WORDPRESS MU (6 posts)

1. freddie777
    Posted 16 years ago #

hello,
    Just installed wordpress mu and i'm SO HAPPY with it, i cant believe that i found it..anyway i was wondering whether there was a way for me to add (and delete) links in the blogroll as a default so it appears in every blogs admin areas blogroll section that signs up to my wordpress bloghost (just like how the links wordpress.org and wordpress.com appear in every blogroll that signs up for a blog) does this make sense..i hope so..hope you can help me.

2. xiand0
    Blocked
    Posted 16 years ago #

I realize I should just give a rude "search the forums" reply as it's been solved dozens of times, but in bullet summary:

The links are hardcoded in the wp-includes/wpmu-fuctions.php file. You have to change that file and change it every time you upgrade too. (You could of course make a nice bash script which runs sed on a bunch of core files when doing an upgrade). It's around line 1280, in the function install_blog_defaults. Just do a search for "// Default links". You can safely remove the who lines which inserts links, or change them, or add 8 more if you want 10 blogs in the default bloggroll.

3. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

SEARCH THE FORUMS.

4. demonicume
    Posted 16 years ago #

of course, if i had the choice of being unnecessarily rude and simply ignoring a post, i'd prolly chose to ignore the post. cuz i'm not rude.

5. freddie777
    Posted 16 years ago #

Thanks for the reply, i'm very new to the wordpress community and php but i fix it without checking the forum...newbies a! anyway thanks for not being rude...(i want cry!)

6. PBO
    Posted 15 years ago #

Any updates for this?

About this Topic