The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

New MU Theme: Stripes (14 posts)

1. techwench
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

This theme is based on my 1.5 Red Stripes theme.

Download Stripes for MU here.

Stripes for MU comes with 4 colors (Blue, Green, Orange, and Red). Colors can be set from the Presentation > Stripes Options menu (default color is red).

I'm sure the code can be streamlined a bit, but (to be honest), I was just so stoked that 1.6/MU supports admin functions in themes, I just had to throw this together. It's only been tested with vhosts/wildcard dns setup...so, I have no clue if it'll work with directory setup.

2. jaseone
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

That looks pretty sweet!

I'll be getting back to promoting http://911blogs.com again sometime soon so I'll be sure to include that theme, although I think I still prefer your BlueCurves one. :)

3. techwench
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

I'm actually thinking of doing blue/pink curves this way, too. For 1.6/MU, anyway. It'll save space on the presentation page. ;)

4. jaseone
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Now that would be cool! I chose the Blue as well I'm a guy and blue is a more universal color but to have pink there has a presentation option for the ladies on their blogs would be pretty nifty!

5. rezilient
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

techwench: I really like this theme! I uploaded the "stripes" directory to "/wp-inst/wp-content/themes" but its not showing up for selection.

6. techwench
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Did you enable the theme for site-wide use in:
    Site Admin >> Themes?

7. rezilient
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Silly me, that did it! Thanks, great theme!

8. mcblogs
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

wow, this theme looks great techwench. can't wait to install it. j

9. techwench
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

In response to donncha's post here:

"Nice theme!

It's licensed under the "CC A-NC-SA 2.0" which I've read through for the first time today so correct me if I'm wrong please!

Does that license mean you don't want your theme used on commercial sites? What about sites that use adsense ads?"

Donncha, no, I don't consider google ads a "commercial" site.

What I interpreted that license as was that Steve Jobs couldn't use it on his site that's used specifically to sell ipods. Purely hypothetical, of course, but you get the point. :)

10. PBO
    Posted 15 years ago #

Steve Jobs using wordpresss...mu LOL

11. Amplify
    Posted 15 years ago #

can we get some preview screenshots please? :)

12. lunabyte
    Posted 15 years ago #

For a 2 year old theme, that's probably now incompatible?

13. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hmmm.. I should update my site. I'm using redstripes at homeschooljournal.net, but I hacked it to pieces. :D (naturally)

14. PBO
    Posted 15 years ago #

Nice one. just like a directory

About this Topic