The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

installing mu on a subdomain (3 posts)

1. jmarx75
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hey guys,
    I'm on a test/development environment and trying to install MU. But when i install it i select the subdomain option (even though its already on a subdomain) and it gives me the success message. But the problem is that all the links attached to my blog get this directory "/gs-bin/" appended.
    The blog screen shows up but every url, image call, and style sheet call have that directory in the src or href tag.
    I did this twice and did not put that directory in the setup process. And that directory does not exist. I looked in the .htaccess folder and it has a rewrite command involving /gs-bin/ and the wp-config file has /gs-bin/ defined as the $base variable. I edited those files and removed that stuff and that didn't fix the issue. Anyways, Im gonna try the install with the other option selected (a subfolder instead of a domain) while i wait for my boss to point and unused domain we own to our mediatemple nameservers. While I wait, I figured I'd throw this out to you guys to see if anyone had any thoughts on what could be causing this issue.
    Thanks

2. armanmt
    Posted 16 years ago #

@jmarx75: Just updated your request with this same answer, but in case anyone else is running into this problem you can fix it by running the following SQL command inside of phpMyAdmin:

SQL query: UPDATE <bt>wp_1_options<bt> SET <bt>option_value<bt> = <bt>http://domain.com/<bt> WHERE <bt>option_id<bt> =1 AND <bt>blog_id<bt> =0 AND CONVERT( <bt>option_name<bt> USING utf8 ) = <bt>siteurl<bt> LIMIT 1 ;

Where 'domain.com' is your actual domain name.

EDIT: The formatting on this forum is eating up the backticks in the SQL query. I've replaced them with '<bt>', so convert those all to backticks before running the command.

=)

--Arman.

3. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

What is gs-bin? Some sort of CGI?

About this Topic