The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

WPMU and LDAP (Active Directory) does not allow AD users to log in (2 posts)

1. justinleatherbury
    Posted 16 years ago #

First, let me say that so far everything I've seen with both Wordpress, and Wordpress-mu looks really awesome. I'm trying to set up a blog server for my organization, and for the most part set-up has been a snap. The guys at Wordpress-mu have actually made it easier to set up than Wordpress, which was pretty simple.

The problem I am having is that even though I have installed the LDAP plugin here and followed its instructions, so far I have not been able to get it functioning. When I try to login with one of my active directory accounts It just takes me back to the login screen. I set up a functioning support ticket server (OneorZero) which also authenticates through ldap and tried both similar and unique answers to the variables still with no luck. Google, and forum searches didn't help me come up with an answer so now I will ask the community for help. Thank you in advance.

Relevant information is as follows:

Server Info
    Linux blogserver 2.6.18-4-686 #1 SMP Mon Mar 26 17:17:36 UTC 2007 i686
    PHP Version 5.2.0-8+etch1
    Apache/2.2.3 (Debian) mod_ldap_userdir/1.1.11 mod_python/3.2.10 Python/2.4.4 PHP/5.2.0-8+etch1 mod_ssl/2.2.3 OpenSSL/0.9.8c mod_perl/2.0.2 Perl/v5.8.8
    Loaded Modules core mod_log_config mod_logio prefork http_core mod_so mod_alias mod_auth_basic mod_authn_file mod_authz_default mod_authz_groupfile mod_authz_host mod_authz_user mod_autoindex mod_cgi mod_dir mod_env mod_ldap_userdir mod_mime mod_python mod_negotiation mod_perl mod_php5 mod_rewrite mod_setenvif mod_ssl mod_status
    mysql Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.32, for pc-linux-gnu (i486) using readline 5.2
    LDAP info from the WPMU LDAP option tab
    LDAP Server Address myserver.myorg.k12.ok.us
    LDAP Server Port 3286
    Search DN DC=myorg,DC=k12,DC=ok,DC=us
    User DN CN=mysuser,DC=Users,DC=myorg,DC=k12,DC=ok,DC=us
    Password mypassword
    Linux or Windows LDAP
    Linux XWindows
    Auto Create Local Accounts
    XYes No
    Enable LDAP?
    XYes No

2. justinleatherbury
    Posted 16 years ago #

RESOLVED

On the active directory side, I had to create a user in the root of the domain (*shudder*) with browse and read permissions since it wasn't allowing cross-OU browsing from members of differentOU's on the same level. This will probably be resolved when we move all users into their own OU with sub-OU's for the different types of users. I then had to create a pointer in the AD DNS that pointed *.myblogserver.mydomain.k12.ok.us to the correct IP and delegate the authority to that domain to myblogserver. On the Debian side I had to install DNS and create a record with the appropriate pointers in it to *.myblogserver.mydomain.k12.ok.us Thanks to those of you that had tips on this particular problem.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by justinleatherbury
  • Latest reply from justinleatherbury