The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Nice Proyect for a Mu Guru (4 posts)

1. DarkPepe
    Posted 16 years ago #

Guys, I've just found this on Digg:

http://www.yvoschaap.com/wpthemegen/

Will be nice to have something like this on Mu (plugin or something) to give the users the possibility to make their own themes, share it with the rest of the community or stuff like that.

My idea, is to create a standard theme, with this "addon" where the users can edit all the data for the theme layout and store it on the database or his blog directory.

Unfortunately, I'm not a coder, I only have great ideas XD.

If somebody has the time or the will to make it, I can donate some money to support the proyect.

Cheers

2. suleiman
    Posted 16 years ago #

that looks HELLA cool. I will definitely look into it dude!

3. suleiman
    Posted 16 years ago #

FYI, this generator basically allows users to save the file in a zip, that they can then drop into their own themes folder.

In order to make it MU compatible I would think the following would be key:

1) Ensure no XSS or other security vulnerabilities are present. Bearing in mind we're essentially allowing people to create their own PHP code, albeit through a limited interface, this seems paramount.

2) Get the zip files to save into a user's themes folder.

3) It would be nice if themes could then be saved for either personal or global use.

4. DarkPepe
    Posted 16 years ago #

1) Ensure no XSS or other security vulnerabilities are present. Bearing in mind we're essentially allowing people to create their own PHP code, albeit through a limited interface, this seems paramount.

---

About That, I'm not sure if the user can really get his hands on the code, he can only place it on different places, like sidebar.php to the left o right but he cant mess with the code of sidebar.php

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by DarkPepe
  • Latest reply from DarkPepe