The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

here's a new one.. I'm looking to EXCLUDE site from muwp-feed (10 posts)

1. nolageek
    Posted 16 years ago #

I'm running the multi-site plugin to run multiple sites from muwp. I'd like to add another domain to the site, but it's not really in-theme with the rest of the multi-blog (basically, I'm cheap and don't want to pay for more hosting...lol)

Has any one come across a way to exclude a site from the feed lists?

2. demonicume
    Posted 16 years ago #

is there any documentation anywhere that explains how this plugin works? i'd love to use it myself.

3. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Easiest way would be to mark it as mature. I think that the plugin came out before that setting was available but I believe we've talked about a fix for there here in the forums.

Even if it's marked as mature, it's still searchable by the search engine spiders. The only thing is that it won't show up in like the last updated lists and the sitewide tag system we've discussed before hand if you use that.

Damn, if I can't find that plugin right off....

4. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

I just add in a clause to the sitewide feed plugin, which I assume is what you mean.

I do it for when a blog doesn't match the scope of the site.

Or, as drmike says, just mark it as mature.

5. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

I think he's running multiple domains from one install and wishes to exclude it.

(Wow, it all goes in the one master feed anyway? Cool.)

6. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

OK, in that case....

The initial query starts out with results from the blogs table.

That being the case, the idea is the same, just the column/value need to change.

In the WHERE portion of that query, add

AND site_id != 'x'

Simple as that, and tells it to ignore any blog with that site_id.
    Of course you want to replace x with the actual site_id you don't want in the query.

:)

7. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

If you do that, you may want to create additional copies of that plugin, one for each 'site'. You're going to have to rename the functions within the plugin file though to avoid clashes.

I was thinking about doing that as well this morning on my walk into town.

8. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Why create additional copies? One should be sufficient if it includes all site id's but a few.

Unless there needs to be a SW feed per domain, but then if that is the case you should be able to go to that domains site_admin, and set it up without the need for more files.

Granted, the query would need to be tweaked to reflect the current site_id, so it only pulls from that list.

9. nolageek
    Posted 16 years ago #

excellent. Yes, Im running mulitple domains. I'll try this!

10. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hmm, yes it does. Wow, something that does support the site_id. :)

About this Topic