The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

dev notes for x-dashboard? (8 posts)

1. jalien
    Posted 16 years ago #

Does anyone have a copy of the dev notes for x-dashboard. I want to try and get mu-dashboard-notes to work as a plugin in x-dashboard.

x-dashboard is no longer supported, but there is still a copy available, but only the plugin, no docs or readme.

2. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

3. jalien
    Posted 16 years ago #

lunabyte, sorry I was there, and all over the place, but I guess I didn't scroll far enough or read carefully enough. My apologies and thanks.

4. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Is this the alt admin menu? Would love to see this release for mu. :)

5. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

It "looks" like it is a plug and play dashboard, pretty much.

Being able to add and reorganize different modules and such for the dashboard.

It looked interesting, right up to the point where the download is no longer available.

I'll admit that if I had a copy of this, I'd probably be tweaking and using it. It sounded pretty decent for an MU environment, and at least saved some hacking of the main index.

6. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

I'm sure there's at least one member around here who has a copy of it... can't remember how useful it was though.

7. jalien
    Posted 16 years ago #

It is still available (for now) for download at:
    http://drunkenmonkey.org/user/archive/

The layout needs some work, but the basic functionality is there. I don't know if it is really any better than manually editing the dashboard in the core files. I am not a php guru so it will take me some time to play with before I come to any conclusions.

8. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Anything that removes the need to edit core files is usually a plus.

About this Topic