The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

How to block Technorati (5 posts)

1. jalien
    Posted 16 years ago #

I search for this and think I'm close, but can't quite find it.

I have student blogs and want to make sure that information isn't going out. Latest Activity in the Dashboard shows that this is going to technorati and possibly others. I do not want any information going to outside feeds, how do I remove them?

I've found something in wp-admin/index-extra.php about technorati. Do I remove the rss feed in line 10? Does this block all outgoing feeds?

Thanks for any help.

2. jalien
    Posted 16 years ago #

Think I may have part of my answer.

I tried deleting pingomatic.com from the Ping Sites, but after I update the options the URL reappears. Do I have to replace it with something else or edit some other file? If I just leave http:// it appears to work.

Am I on the right track? Again thanks for any help.

3. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Options->Privacy

4. jalien
    Posted 16 years ago #

lunabyte thanks, but I did that and when I go to my admin dashboard there still seem to be links in the "Latest Activity" that are from technorati.

Oops, the links may be from before I edited the privacy.

5. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Gotta admit that I would just contact Technorati myself and request to be delisted for any domain that you control. Even if you block access with a robots.txt rule, they're still going to track links.

The bit (Big thanks for checking yourself by the way) in the index-extras.php file just lists the record of inbound links from technorati. It doesn't control them. If you do want to get ride of that, I would actually delete the following out of wp-admin/index.php:

<div id="incominglinks"></div>

That's the bit that calls that list.

Hope this helps,
    -drmike

About this Topic