The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

List of plugins incompatible with WordPress MU? (5 posts)

1. Torley
    Posted 16 years ago #

I'm wondering if anyone's compiled a list of known plugins that are incompatible with WordPress MU?

From past searches and such, I've seen that a number, like WP-Cache, experience difficulties. I've also been primed by the FAQ that:

"Most plugins work, but some that modify core tables or create tables of their own in the DB might have difficulties, depending on how they're coded.

I don't have a lot of time to test them out and find out one-by-one, so advice and experiences would really be appreciated.

Thanks greatly in advance.

2. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

In honesty, your best bet is either search the forums or give them a try. Some plugins work 100%, some work for some folks with out issue, some work with some hacking, etc.

There's a couple threads in the Plugins subforum already on this topic.

3. Torley
    Posted 16 years ago #

Thanks drmike, I tried doing some searches; I'm a big fan of compilations and roundups of info covering what's been brought up before, so I don't pile-on with redundancy.

4. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

I'm trying to get staff to give me a "Solutions and FAQs" subforum so I can move threads like the one you're looking for over there so we can find that kind of stuff easier.

Donncha's kind of slammed with his new daughter and I'm really trying not to bug him on little stuff. I need to send in a request to Automattic staff on Monday.

5. php4ever
    Posted 16 years ago #

There is a well drafted post about plug ins in general terms located here;

http://www.staska.net/2007/03/27/top-30-wordpress-plugins-in-blogosphere/

I was impressed with the research that this writer did when it came to comparing lists of "Top Plugins" for WordPress from an assortment of resources.

Its worth it to poke around and test a few as I'm going to do to really see which ones do and do not work well. I've never really had the need for most plugins but I'm certainly interested in posting what I discover for anyone assembling a nice compilation list of what works etc.

About this Topic