The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Wordpress.com password not sent (7 posts)

1. alexramos
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

I don't know if this is the right place to post this as I couldn't find a support link in Wordpress.com

I was able to get a Wordpress.com account by downloading Flock. I created alexramos.wordpress.com but I didn't recieve my password via e-mail!

Who can I contact to recieve my password?

2. alexramos
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Can anyone point me to someone who can help me?

3. techwench
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

You can try emailing Donncha at the email address in this comment on the .com faq blog.

4. AndWat
    Posted 18 years ago #

As a more generic comment, I'd check to see if your email misfiled the password email as spam.

5. alexramos
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Thank you techwench I e-mailed her on wednesday but she hasn't written back.

AndWat: All my mail passes through spamassasin and gets delivered to a special mailbox on my server. I didn't recieve it at my inbox or at my spambox.

What worries me is that if I try to recover my password through the blog, it says that the username does not exist!!!

6. alexramos
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Sadly my e-mail wasn't answered and I still can't log into my Wordpress.com blog. If there's an admin out there, can you delete it so that I can register it again?

7. drjori
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Hi. I also set up a blog at wordpress.com using Flock. At first I didn't receive the password via email.

However, I tried just now to use the retrieve password function (the "Lost your password?" at the login screen) and was successful.

I had also sent an email to Donncha (though I only sent it earlier today).

Yesterday, when I first used the retrieve password function from the website, I got the following error:

The e-mail could not be sent.
    Possible reason: your host may have disabled the mail() function...

I guess this could have been some server error as I had tried using both Flock and Firefox as browsers to have my password sent.

About this Topic

• Started 18 years ago by alexramos
  • Latest reply from drjori