The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

kind of like a news site, main page have most recent posts from sub blogs (7 posts)

1. EnderatEros
    Posted 18 years ago #

Hi all,
    I'm trying to make a small 'online newspaper' where there's the main blog, and the sub blogs... Sub blogs being 'news' 'tech' 'science' etc. and the most recent posts from those are displayed on the main blog. Also there are multiple authors for each... I can figure out the sub blogs, and the authors part.... but how do I have the main blog display the most recent posts from the sub blogs?

Also, is there a way to have a subblog search, and an all blogs search?
    Thanks,
    T

2. natalie
    Posted 18 years ago #

It seems what you're looking for here is an aggregator. Can Wordpress MU have an automatically updated aggregator for all the blogs that can be placed on the front page? I'd like to do this too.

3. p3bundles
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

This would be a great thing ... any ideas from the pros on how to do this?

4. Farms
    Posted 18 years ago #

Wouldn't call myself a pro but what I'm using is Inviz's great work: http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic/555

5. fimion
    Posted 18 years ago #

There are a couple of options. Your first option is to use the RSS stuff thatcomes with wordpress. This would be a bit redundant though...

The other option is to query the tables of said blogs for their most recent post, which would require you to do some sql queries (if i'm not mistaken). though what tose are, i know not off the top of my head, though a bit of research may prove useful.

6. drew3000
    Posted 16 years ago #

http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic/555

This link goes no where. but I figured out where you were trying to go, and that guy's link is dead too. Too bad because it's sort of what I was looking for. Though this is all a year old. Anyone know anything about tools like the folks here were talking about?

7. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Search for 'most recent posts".

About this Topic

• Started 18 years ago by EnderatEros
  • Latest reply from andrea_r