The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

iBlogs.com is up (44 posts)

1. ACG123
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

wpmu with a fair amount of hacking done.

2. nigelwong
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

How did you create the content for each page? That is what i would like to do. Also how did you integrate the sign-up page into your theme aswell?

Do you mind sharing how you did that?

3. ACG123
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

the content for each page? i'm not understanding your question. http://www.iblogs.com is on it's own seperate virtual host before the iblogs.com and *.iblogs.com virtual host and is served from a different directory but is hosted on the same server.

the signup process is integrated by removing get_header() and get_footer and replacing them with our own includes for our own header and footer. this can be done fairly easily on any internal wp page.

if you can clarify your earlier question i'll be happy to answer it.

also, just a heads up for anybody else having problems... kses.php was causing major problems and is incorrectly implemented in wordpress mu... specifically the line that checks if globals allowedposttags and allowedtags are set is returning true and thus ignoring allowedtags and allowedposttags as set in kses... and allowedposttags must have form and input added to the array so that the password protected posts have a field appear to accept the password.

4. wugga
    Posted 18 years ago #

Speaking of kses can you offer any insight into getting the <!--more--> tag working again.

Also what line are you referring to that checks if globals allowedposttags and allowedtags...

5. AndWat
    Posted 18 years ago #

Any objection to my adding this to my list of wpmu hosts?
    See:
    http://andwat.edublogs.org/

6. ACG123
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

no objection at all.

i'm not sure about the more tag, but when you first open kses.php you'll see that the logic checks to see if the allowedposttags is set, if it is it doesnt try to set it... unfortunately it is either being set somewhere else, or this test is failing for some reason.... so i'm not positive of the line, but if you just remove that whole if and the end of the if statement you'll find a lot of things start working.

7. nigelwong
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Hello, what I what to achieve is setting up the virtual host for “iblogs.com�. Please guide me through the steps. I’m thinking I’ll need to set ServerAlias *.myhost.com and set BIND to *.myhost.com IN A Server IP.

Thank you for all the help!

8. ACG123
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

<VirtualHost *>
    DocumentRoot /var/www/htdocs_guest
    ServerName http://www.iblogs.com
    </VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
    DocumentRoot /var/www/htdocs
    ServerName iblogs.com
    ServerAlias *.iblogs.com
    </VirtualHost>

9. vCarey
    Posted 18 years ago #

iBlogs.com looks sweet! Great job.

10. nigelwong
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Oh so thats how you did it... Ah okay... lets see if you can help me out on the next one:

I have Wildcards setup, but it redirects to the IP which has a root site set up on it. How can i fix this so it goes to my site not the IP?

11. ACG123
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

at this point you should probably ask your host. they can probably configure it for you very eaisily.

12. nigelwong
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Okay this is my httpdconf file, please look at it.

http://www.filefactory.com/get/f.php?f=f57b20f3a6f256275f99ebd1

13. nigelwong
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Sorry for the ServerAlias i had *.xanblog.my3host.com not xanblog.my3host.com

14. 1thing
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

hi.. was wondering what kind of plugins you used for your site ? its pretty cool and i woud like to achieve something similar ! thanks

15. jasongolod
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

ACG123,

that layout is money. Did you do the layout yourself? I am looking for a good WP designer to pump out a few layouts.

16. ACG123
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

yes we did the layout ourselves in house.

17. Sergio965
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

I'm sorry, your layout design is a complete rip-off of Google's Blogger. http://blogger.com

18. ACG123
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

so is life. if they have a problem with it they can contact us.

19. VaamYob
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Sergio965's right, the similarities are hard to ignore... but you know what they say, "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."

http://search.msn.com/?FORM=HPRE

20. Farms
    Posted 18 years ago #

Hey, if it works :)

Personally I think it's a great rip off!

21. Frequent
    Posted 18 years ago #

I have to agree. It's definately a bit of a rip off. It's also very nicely executed and professional.

Mine will not be quite so pretty I guarantee.

Freq---

22. sloppyno
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

It looks good...

How did you get the inserting of images working in IE

You can use firefox which works, or alter the code a bit and it works in IE (the tip you gave in another forum), but if you alter the code to how you gave it, it does not allow you to resize image or see full size properly

Thanks

23. 1thing
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

how do you get the front pages not in a template form ?

24. nigelwong
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

ACG123 do you have MSN? If so i'd like to talk to you about your site ^^

Add me if u do @ wong.nigel@gmail.com

Thanks!

25. Farms
    Posted 18 years ago #

Hiya ACG123, was wondering what kind of results you're getting of the Google ads? No stress if you don't wanna tell ;) Was wondering if it's 'worth it' in getting poeple on board.

26. Farms
    Posted 18 years ago #

Oh, and if you can hsare how you've got th eimage upload to work then I'll shower you in thankful linkages!

27. ACG123
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

This is just a side project for me to improve my karma... so "worth it" is relative... I'm losing money on the entire project because it's not a for profit project.... it's worth it to me if somebody uses my service to share their thoughts.

If you are interested in making a profit I would not recommend it.

28. ACG123
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

we've never had problems with image uploads. perhaps it got broken in a later build that we used.

29. Farms
    Posted 18 years ago #

Hey, I know about NFP! Great to hear that you're doing that... I agree about the challenges with regards to 'making money' from this.

You wouldn't have a zip of the version you installed would ya? james / at / incsub / dot / org

Cheers, James

30. ACG123
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

sorry but i don't :( we've hacked it to pieces though, so it may well be that the fix had nothing to do with the original package.

About this Topic